Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

You bastard.

Jealousy talking

Barresi likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

Just finished his book tonight. I recommend that to everyone, die hard fan or not. Really great writing throughout. Definitely cried through the chapter about losing Clarence.

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Barresi likes this.
  4. AndrewRnR

They announced Springsteen will narrate the audiobook version of his book. That is going to be an incredible listen.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Goddamn. Need

6. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Bruce Springsteen Extends Book Tour | Pitchfork

More book tour dates! I'm so excited to have a chance to meet him in Chicago.

To anyone who has been to one of these events: what are they like? How much do the tickets cost? How much time do you get with Bruce?

7. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Insanity, but efficient.

I think it was just the cost of the book?

I want to say about thirty seconds. Probably shorter. I was able to introduce myself to him, shake his hand, get two pictures, and then say a couple words again as I left. It moved quick.

Also, you need to treat getting a ticket for this like you're getting tickets for one of his shows. You need to be on the ticket distributor site on the dot. I managed to get one for myself at 9:00 and when I went back to grab one for my cousin at 9:00:30, they were completely sold out. So be ready to click quickly.

Have fun!

8. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Thanks for the rec on his biography. I've been wanting to check it out (especially because I read Crystal Zevon's biogrpahy on Warren around the time it came out and it really piqued my.l interest in the genre) but wasn't sure how good it's supposed to be.

Been listening to The Boss lately. I'd love to see him live, but I just can't cut it right now. I'm hoping to get my shit together while he's still touring, because some of my college professors raved to me about how incredible they are.

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

If you like audiobooks, you might wait for the one of Born to Run to drop. Bruce is narrating.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Waiting for the audiobook!

11. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Got my ticket for the Chicago event! I can't believe I have a ticket to meet Bruce Springsteen in person.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  12. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

90 pages into his book and loving it.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

his rejected theme song for Harry Potter, which sounds like a joke but isn't, leaked online

14. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I just started a new job that allows me to listen to music for most of the day. Since I have the capability to do so with Apple Music, I've been doing this thing where I cycle through an artist's discography. I finished The Beatles not too long ago. I was gonna do CCR or The Doors next, but I learned my new HR lady likes The Boss, so I started his discography a couple days ago.

First couple albums have a really strong Dylan sound; Born To Run is classic; So far "Darkness on the Edge of Town" struck a chord with me the most. I'm on The River right now. Nebraska is next and it's already been my fav album by him, ever since I heard the Dustin Kensrue cover of "State Trooper" I got obsessed with it. I bought it on vinyl not too long ago.

Anyway, dude is the king of the subtle innuendos. I can appreciate his lyric style a lot more now.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  15. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Nebraska and Darkness are probably my two favorites as well. I think they showcase both sides of him quite well. Also finished his book about a week ago, definitely recommended. It gives that great feeling of being in the band and their (or maybe more so his) struggle to "make it."

16. Craig Manning

@DaydreamNation Oh, I'm here for it. I'm not sure if we've done this on Chorus yet.

17. Craig Manning

Born to Run
    Darkness
    The River
    Born in the USA
    The Wild, The Innocent
    Wrecking Ball
    Tunnel of Love
    The Rising
    Magic
    Nebraska
    Greetings
    Devils & Dust
    Lucky Town
    High Hopes
    We Shall Overcome
    Working on a Dream
    The Ghost of Tom Joad
    Human Touch

18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Born to Run = The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Wrecking Ball
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Tunnel of Love
    Magic
    The River
    Nebraska
    Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
    The Rising
    Lucky Town
    Devils and Dust
    We Shall Overcome
    Working on a Dream
    High Hopes
    Human Touch
    The Ghost of Tom Joad

beachdude42, Nathan and Craig Manning like this.
  19. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I've been obsessed with Bruce since i was in high school, my apartment is covered in Bruce, it's almost unhealthy. But I've found that in the 10ish years I've been listening to him, my tastes have changed. I remember being really really in love with Born to Run when I was 16 or so. Thunder Road is still my favorite song of all time, but as I got older, I kind of progressed in his catalogue. Darkness was a phase of my life, the lyrics to Adam Raised a Cain, and Something in the Night, it just hooked me. I think lyrically, that's my favorite record of his.

The River Tour made me visit that record a lot more, and it's moved up in my rankings, but it's really impossible to top Darkness.

Darkness
    Born to Run
    Ghost of Tom Joad
    Wrecking Ball
    Nebraska

as of today.

20. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Interesting/weird story, if I talk to musicians that I know are Bruce fans, I always ask them for their favorite records of his. I honestly think that says a lot about someone.

Well, I asked Brian Fallon, and I'm a HUGE fan of his, but his answers left me sort of questioning his Bruce love. He said, "Uh, the first two."

That was the weirdest response, he didn't name them for one, but he also said Greetings and E-Street Shuffle. I have literally NEVER met anyone that says those are their Bruce records.

Kensrue said Nebraska, which is a pretty standard response from this 'scene'.

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

It makes sense people are saying Nebraska, given the record's style and a lot of musicians pulling for an Americana/folk/country crossover sound. Within this scene, I am pretty sure that Pinegrove is pretty into Nebraska based on their last record. It is a pretty common thing to see lately, I agree.

22. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Wild Innocent Shuffle
    Born to Run
    River
    Welcome to Asbury
    Born in the USA
    Nebraska

Hot takes: Darkness sucks besides the title track, and I know Born to Run is better than Wild but I gave Wild the top spot because I don't see it getting the love it deserves elsewhere

I don't know the rest well enough to rank

23. @cshadows2887 @Craig Manning

Darkness on the Edge of Town
    The River
    Born to Run
    The Wild, the Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle
    Born in the USA
    Nebraska
    The Rising
    Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
    Magic
    Lucky Town