Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

One of the few great cuts from that album.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Most of that album has grown on me quite a bit. Except "Outlaw Pete". But that song has definitely solidified itself as my favorite.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i just saw this and had like 4 friends send it to me haha - fuck yeah this is gonna rule

5. After many years of looking around online occasionally, a pretty damn good audience recording surfaced recently of the first Bruce show I ever went to (was pretty young; 2000 on the Memphis date of the E-Street reunion tour that Live in NYC was recorded on). Super cool find for me personally, and if I can find a CD drive I'm gonna burn a copy for my dad, who took me to the show, for Father's Day.

The quality is shockingly good too, can hear everything pretty clearly. Too bad the venue where we saw him is literally a fucking Bass Pro Shop now:

[​IMG]

thebloodhound, Barresi, Alba and 2 others like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

7. that album whips ass

DaydreamNation likes this.
  8. abw123

Trusted

Best live album of all time.

9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I prefer the Passaic show album personally but the Hammerstein is great as well.

10. cshadows2887

The DVD of the Odeon show is just astounding.

11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Is that the one where he’s like laying down in a crease in the stage at one point?

cshadows2887 likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

Yep he just disappears into the abyss.

It also has the utterly transcendent "For You" on piano that makes my soul leave my body.

13. My band did a Springsteen cover set for Halloween a couple years ago and I lobbied hard for our singer to recreate that moment, but we decided that no one besides my dad would get the joke.

14. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

1. The River
    2. Racing in the Streets
    3. Thunder Road
    4. Growin' Up
    5. Born to Run
    6. Rosalita
    7. Jungleland
    8. For You
    9. Backstreets
    10. Because the Night

15. Craig Manning

Hyden really rides hard for outtakes, often at the expense of (imo) superior album tracks. But a fun read for sure.

Barresi likes this.
  16. abw123

Trusted

I hate when guys use live or bootleg versions on lists like this. Should be studio only.

17. abw123

Trusted

He also really hates The Rising album. Any list without The Rising and Lonesome Day in the top 25 is crazy to me, and there are 3-4 more songs from that album that need to be top 100.

I laughed out loud at The Rising at #90

18. SVXDan83

Regular

I really liked a lot of this list but it was disappointing that Moonlight Motel didn't make the cut for tracks he listed from Western Stars. I haven't done an official ranking, but I think that's easily a Top 25 or better song from his career.

navidson, DaydreamNation and Barresi like this.
  19. Craig Manning

He definitely doesn't value post-2000s Bruce as much as I do, so that was a bummer. Agreed on "Moonlight Motel."

20. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Both those songs are nowhere near my top 25

Matthewconte and Matt Chylak like this.
  21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

How in Boss's name are you supposed to pick a top 25?

22. abw123

Trusted

Fair enough, I think that is probably a minority opinion, but in case it's not, I will amend to say top 40 or 50. Certainly worthy of mention.

23. abw123

Trusted

I wouldn't have any Western Stars or Tom Joad in my top 100, I don't think. Not that I'm going to take time to actually check and see.

Pepetito likes this.
  24. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

"My City of Ruins" might crack my top 100 but that's probably it.