Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

2. Philll

Trusted

Oh fuck yeah

3. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I will pray it’s more comparable to Tom Joad than Glen Campbell.

I’m also sorta bummed that it’s pre-2012 material, even though I said I wouldn’t be.

But, I can’t complain too much. It’s new solo Bruce!

4. eagles1139

Regular

It's pre-2012 material? I haven't seen that anywhere, might've missed it

5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I believe he started work on this album pre-2012, but I would find it hard to believe that the songs have remained untouched in the past couple years.

6. abw123

Trusted

Hate to judge by song titles but sounds very Devils & Dust-y, whereas I was hoping for more Tunnel of Love-y

7. Barresi Apr 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2019)
    Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Hello Sunshine is out there.

Edit: Really reminds me of the Walker Brothers.

8. abw123

Trusted

Jeez this is really bad. Not the Bruce I was hoping for.......at all

9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I was certaintly hoping for another E Street album but I am holding off on judgement till I hear the whole album.

But yeah.....not what I was hoping for.

10. abw123

Trusted

The dude is almost 70, his last album was 2014 and was older songs......I think he may just be at that age where he doesn't have his fastball for songwriting anymore. Father Time is undefeated.

Looking forward to Tracks 2 or whatever other archive projects he has left plus any future E Street tours.

Pretty sure this album is going to suck.

Pepetito likes this.
  11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I enjoyed this a whole lot, honestly surprised by the amount of hate in the last few posts.

Slangster likes this.
  12. MacbethSin

Regular

New song's waltzy, contemplative chord progression is pretty irresistible to me at least, really impressed with this direction

Joe4th likes this.
  13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Bruce Springsteen – “Hello Sunshine”

for those who haven't listened yet

it felt like it was gonna be a fine song but then it turned into a good song. it could be great if it was like a minute shorter imo

14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I like the song a lot

DaydreamNation likes this.
  15. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

new song is quite good, though I have admittedly always be partial to his solitary albums (Nebraska particularly). don't really need any more E- Street records for me, as those have already been done to perfection and I'd rather just see a show/tour

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I listened to High Hopes for the first time in a long time this morning. I like this less than I remember liking it five years ago, but "The Wall" is low-key one of his best songs. Especially after hearing him talk about Vietnam in Springsteen on Broadway, that song hits really hard. Underrated Springsteen gem.

17. abw123

Trusted

You can tell that High Hopes is not really a cohesive album, but really a collection of odds-and-ends. It has some high points though.

18. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I like the emotion throughout the record.

It seems like Bruce gets a new pep in his step when ‘young guys’ come in on a tour or a record. (Morello, Jay Weinberg).

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

just give me another 22-month E street band tour plz

Pepetito, Joe4th and DaydreamNation like this.
  20. Seriously! I haven't seen Bruce since the River tour in January 2016 and I'm getting antsy

Sean Murphy likes this.
  21. abw123

Trusted

This is exactly how I feel. Very satisfied with E Street tours and archival releases.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Do you hope all your favorite artists spin their wheels and never make new art, or just Bruce...?

DaydreamNation and Craig Manning like this.
  23. abw123

Trusted

No, just the ones who can't write good songs anymore

24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I've seen you post like 4 times ever and I'm already exhausted by you.

Gonna go listen to "American Land" and "Death to My Hometown" and "Hunter of Invisible Game" and "You'll Be Coming Down" and "Kingdom of Days" and...

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Wrecking Ball contends for slot number five on my favorite Springsteen albums list, and will be in my all-decade top 10. He’s more hit or miss these days than in the 70s/80s, but I still want new albums AND tours, rather than just tours or repackagings of his back catalo.