Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. I just watched Springsteen on Broadway on Netflix and it was one of the most beautiful and moving things I’ve ever experienced. Truly jealous of those who were able to see it in person but also so grateful I was able to watch at all.

Bruce is an absolute gift from the universe.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Only cried like 4x so i consider that a win

3. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I watched some of it today and cried a bunch and while I was upset that I couldn’t save up the money to get a resale or cancellation ticket to see him, I also thought about how lucky I am to be able to watch him online and to exist at the same time as him. What a legend. I definitely need to see him live at some point!!

4. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I was not expecting to cry that much when I turned this on.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the times when he really went into his emotions about his father, and you could see the pain in his face, and the clarence stuff got me.

if you have the time, i would say definitely read his book before you watch this if you have not. it services as the perfect set up to really enjoy this performance, which is in large part a re-hashing of most of the book, but him going into more personal detail on a lot of the content.

SteveLikesMusic and Barresi like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also found the "Born in the USA" segment especially powerful, with him discussing the folks from home who went to war and never came back, I remember him addressing that in the book but it didn't seem to carry as much emotion as it did hearing him talk about it. also when he talked about how frequently he thinks about the person who "went in his place". I don't recall him discussing that in the book.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. Yalls comments have me really excited to watch this but I think I'm gonna wait until my parents and brother and I can all get together and watch it in a few days

summertimejesus likes this.
  8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Fuck, this was beautiful.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Craig Manning likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

On my 4th viewing of SoB and still can’t help but tear up during the “10th ave freeze out” portion.

Joe4th and summertimejesus like this.
  13. cshadows2887 Feb 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2019)
    cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Not sure how it took until Live on Broadway for me to really notice "The Wish", but Christ, just....:cries:

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i had never listened to that song until the broadway show and its one of my favorites now

15. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Make sure to check out his live version from 1990 in I think LA? So great.

Don’t love the production of the version on Tracks, but yeah, awesome song.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Don’t think this has been posted here before but this version of ‘Incident’ is far and away my favorite. This performance is absolutely perfect and this song is so underrated.

17. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I can't even count the amount of times I've watched this over the years.

BornToRun likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

I know I’m late but today I found out the warehouse Ive worked in for nearly a decade is closing.. went home and got wine drunk and the broadway show on Netflix is blowing my mind. So fucking good.

Joe4th, Danny and Sean Murphy like this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

Man this is fucking me up.

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The first time i watched i was a bit tipss as well - and it made me super emotional, then i watched it completely sober, and was just as emotional haha

zmtr likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The clarence stuff gets me every single time

jpmalone4 likes this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

Just watched the part about his Dad. Dear lord I’m broken right now

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still haven’t watched it because I know it will break me

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

possible album art?

25. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Looks like it could just be a photo to mark Earth Day.

Would love it to be a new album though.