Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I went to the 2/29 show in St. Paul with my dad but I don't think I posted my thoughts in ap.

It was dope.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Ha, nice. Okay, I'll look this up.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Pretty pumped, I was hanging with my parents and my dad gave me his extra unopened copies of Born In the USA and Darkness On the Edge of Town from back in the day. Pretty cool surprise. Now I just need to obtain some more of his vinyl records.

4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Bruce has cancelled his tour date in North Carolina due to the Anti-LGBTQ law.

pachyderm and Matthewconte like this.
  5. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

That's because Bruce is f*%$#@g awesome.

pachyderm likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

Yep, pretty powerful stuff here:

"As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards."

Matthewconte likes this.
  7. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Not surprised in the slightest, your move pop punkers.

I think it's funny to look at the facebook comments on this post. 'You need to stay out of politics, stick to music!'

Have you never listened to his records? The better part of 35 years, they've been pretty poltical.

I also hate, more than anything, this weird perception that the 15-25 age demo sees him as, which is a giant flag waving Republican 'merica guy.

pachyderm and Jose like this.
  8. delvec19

Trusted

Purple Rain cover last night... :verysad:

pachyderm and ManchesterOrch8 like this.
  9. Noradrenaline

Regular

I've been binging Springsteen for months now. Seeing him for the first time in June! I have no idea why I haven't seen him before since he comes to Sweden every other year, but now the time has almost come!
    I sort of grew up with his music. I've got vivid memories of my dad listening to The Rising in the car that summer it came out and I listened to Radio Nowhere over and over again in anticipation of Magic. But it wasn't until last summer that I started discovering his older albums in full. And what an experience it's been! I've had Born To Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town on repeat so many times, spent whole nights watching live clips and reading about the history of the band. I watched The Promise earlier today and now I'm right back at it again!

I'm a bit bummed that he's playing The River in full though. There are so many songs from his other albums, especially Born To Run and Darkness, that I'd rather hear since it's my first time seeing him. And from Born In The U.S.A. too. Those are the songs I've been hearing all my life. But that's what I get for being late to the party. Anyway, if they play Jungleland I'll be more than happy!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he plays other songs other than the River but I get what you're saying, even though he played Thunder Road when I saw him I feel like it's inevitably disappointing because he can't play all of his songs that are amazing because the show would never end

pachyderm and cshadows2887 like this.
  11. Noradrenaline

Regular

Haha, that's true. But it will probably amazing anyway! Last time he played in Sweden he played Born To Run, Darkness and Born In The U.S.A in their entirety over three nights. That would have been something to experience!

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My goodness their Prince cover is amazing.

pachyderm likes this.
  13. johnnyferris

Been listening to the audio of my River Tour show the last couple of days. I wish more artists had the means of recording and selling audio from all shows on a tour. It's a great way for fans to relive some special moments.

14. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Listened to his Hammersmith Oden show for the first time in years yesterday. That show is just stupid good.

Apparently Joe Strummer, Peter Gabriel, and Pete Townsend were all in the audience, and that show alone made Strummer decide to play a Fender and Gabriel to solo. At the beginning of "It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City" you can hear Bruce dedicate the song to Townsend.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  15. delvec19

Trusted

kpatrickwood likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

Remember when this tour was going to be like 20 shows? Haha, Bruce can't get enough of playing with the E Street Band.

17. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Well, here we go again. Bound to fail at getting pit tickets.

18. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Never seen him and he's playing Metlife when I'm out of the country for a wedding.

Dammit.

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Might have to head back to Chicago to see him for a fourth time, missed the initial run of shows.

20. Craig Manning

Just for the record, he will not be playing The River front to back on these shows.

21. Genuma

Newbie Prestigious

Definitely going to the Chicago show. I was so mad that I was out of town when he came a few months ago.

22. See everyone in Chicago

23. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Count me in for Chicago as well.

24. johnnyferris

I really wish he was coming out west for another show. My first time seeing him on the River Tour was an experience!

25. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

The River tour was good for knocking a whole bunch of songs off my personal list, but I'd rather see a non-River show. Also, my list for Bruce is so big as he has so many songs that I don't ever really expect to ever really get anywhere with it.