Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. EarthShifts

Trusted

Did you get tickets? I finally got a code too but was in the 12:30 group. By the time I could purchase there were only single tickets left.

My work also blocked ticketmaster as I was literally on it, so I had to switch to my phone and signal in our building sucks.

2. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Only thing left was $400 tickets, so I unfortunately had to pass.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Vinyl Box Set vol. 2 coming out May 18, pre orders tomorrow.

Tunnel of love*
    human touch*
    Lucky town
    Mtv unplugged*
    Tom Joad
    Chimes of freedom EP
    Blood Brothers EP

* - 2LP

Barresi and summertimejesus like this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Dammit, just gimme The Rising!

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I probably won't buy this box set. I hope they release them individually like they did with set #1. Would rather spend $70-80 on Tunnel, Human Touch, Lucky Town & Joad then spend $250+ on this set.

6. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I have all of his albums through Tunnel on vinyl, but I would love a repress of that Chimes of Freedom EP. So underrated.

I think my next big Bruce splurge on vinyl will have to be the three Passaic Night volumes. Been putting those off for way too long. Probably my favorite live recording of all-time.

7. Blaine Ryan

I like that he singled out “Straight Time” because nobody ever does.

8. zmtr

Trusted

Damn. I guess I need to listen to Tunnel of Love?

9. Craig Manning

WHAT.

10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Grocery store I worked at in college pretty much played depressing 50s doowop, your typical early Beatles stuff, and then pretty much every single off Tunnel of Love. Made me actually enjoy that album a lot more.

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I'm trying to figure out what "depressing doo-wop" is.

12. zmtr

Trusted

Haven't heard a second of it. I didn't get into Springsteen until a couple years ago so cut me a little slack. My dad always hated him (and Dylan) and it took me growing up to realize their brilliance.

Ill change that this evening hopefully

beachdude42 and DaydreamNation like this.
  13. Craig Manning

Damn, your dad and I wouldn’t get along!

Tunnel has grown into one of my favorite Springsteen records as I’ve gotten older. Some all-timers on there.

14. zmtr

Trusted

What's the best track on it?

15. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"Walk Like a Man"

:cries for an hour:

16. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah that or "Valentine's Day"

The minor chord change in the last verse of "Walk Like a Man" is truly devastatingly sad though.

17. Craig Manning

“One Step Up” for me.

Matt Chylak and Matthewconte like this.
  18. Blaine Ryan

“Brilliant Disguise”. But “One Step Up” is close. Those last four songs kill me.

Aregala likes this.
  19. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

I've probably said it before, but "Valentine's Day" might be my favorite Springsteen song. Hard to pick just one though.

20. abw123

Trusted

All of them.

One Step Up is pretty great if I have to pick one.

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Haha I can totally relate to this. My dad is huge into Zeppelin, Rush, and other bands like that, and even though he listens to a ton of other stuff nowadays he’s never had much patience for Springsteen, Dylan, and that more singer/songwriter-oriented side of classic rock. It wasn’t until I was out of high school that I began to give those artists a fair shot.

22. I'm actually gonna go with "Valentine's Day" as my favorite from Tunnel of Love but damn if "One Step Up," "Walk Like a Man," "Brilliant Disguise" and "Tougher Than the Rest" aren't just behind it. Such a great record.

Blaine Ryan and cshadows2887 like this.
  23. abw123

Trusted

One Step Up is certainly one his best songs, lyrically, he ever wrote.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  24. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I can dig the songwriting on TOL, but the production is just, god awful. The drum machine kills me.

The fact that Bruce really thought the band couldn't beat those songs has forever bothered me.

Matthewconte likes this.