Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Just realized TGMM and Hello Sunshine are back to back in the tracklist backend. I don’t know why but that has me pretty excited.

Craig Manning likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Hitting play now!

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

Wow, this is really lovely. The arrangements are stunning, and Bruce's voice sounds the best it has since Magic. Can't wait to really delve into the lyrics.

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was extremely nervous to give this a listen... I did not have a positive reaction to the first few tastes of this album that we got with the couple pre-release tracks... The string arrangements sounded bombastic, over-wrought and distracting to me at first.

After two full listens to the album now, I am not sure what the hell I was thinking. This is amazing. And I agree 100% about his voice here - he sounds absolutely incredible. I can't believe I ever doubted Bruce Springsteen, even just briefly.

Aregala, Craig Manning and Barresi like this.
  5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

This is marvelous.

6. eagles1139

Regular

Oh wait. This is fucking amazing. I didn’t know this would be fucking amazing.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

The whole thing is good (the title track is such an interesting bit of storytelling), but the last three tracks are just devastating coming one after another. "Moonlight Motel" has to be one of his best closers ever.

8. radiodead

Trusted

This album is amazing. What a great release day

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. For real! The Boss, Thrice and the Dangerous Summer.

This album is gorgeous. I love that Bruce faces his aging head on and continues to push his sound into newer territories.

Keep it coming Bruce!

10. radiodead

Trusted

For me it’s Bruce, Baroness, Crumb, and Bill Callahan. A big damn day.

jdr2187 and Alba like this.
  11. radiodead

Trusted

The guitar lick that opens the record on “Hitch Hikin’” is basically “Hunger Strike”

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The title track is so freaking good

13. eagles1139

Regular

Moonlight Motel is one of my favorite Bruce songs ever. Wow I wasn’t expecting this to hit this hard

Barresi likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hmm i’m cautiously excited to dive into this

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Mmmhmm yep this album is great. Easily my favorite since Magic.

I need to listen while riding around my horse in Red Dead.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my initial thought was "wow bruce really loved RDR huh"

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

This is really good. Feels a little long when listening but lots of moments stuck with me and I’ll gladly listen to it more.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

really into this

19. drewinseries

Drew

This is so good.

It's hard to keep listening because I just keep starting Hitch Hikin over and over again.

20. Truth! Funny that the verse vocal melody of Chasin’ Wild Horses sounds like Your Own Worst Enemy too.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Vinyl collection vol. 2 is $107 on amazon right now - seems like a crazy good price that may be too hard to turn down on this payday

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Listened to this while driving and teared up about 3 times. Laughed out loud at the Jimmy Buffet ballsiness of "Sleepy Joe's Cafe" and BELTED "There Goes My Miracle". This is a really, really great album.

"The Wayfarer", "Western Stars", "Moonlight Motel" were early standouts outside of the pre-release tracks.

23. navidson

Regular

I'm a massive Springsteen fan - Favourite artist of all time. Did not expect this to be anywhere near this good

It's beautiful

24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this is good

easily his best in a decade or more

25. Craig Manning

Man, the closer just kills me. Such a smart song about lost love and the passage of time.

navidson likes this.