Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen to Release Autobiography and Companion Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bruce Springsteen will be releasing his autobiography, Born to Run, on September 27th. It will come with an 18-track companion album featuring five unreleased tracks. The companion album will be called Chapter and Verse, is due out on September 23rd, and a trailer has been released. Pre-orders for the book are also up.

Track Listing

1. Baby I — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
    2. You Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
    3. He’s Guilty (The Judge Song) — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
    4. Ballad of Jesse James — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
    5. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
    6. Growin’ Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on ‘Tracks’)
    7. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, ‘The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle’)
    8. Born to Run (1975, ‘Born to Run’)
    9. Badlands (1977, ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’)
    10. The River (1980, ‘The River’)
    11. My Father’s House (1982, ‘Nebraska’)
    12. Born in the U.S.A. (1984, ‘Born in the U.S.A.’)
    13. Brilliant Disguise (1987, ‘Tunnel of Love’)
    14. Living Proof (1992, ‘Lucky Town’)
    15. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’)
    16. The Rising (2002, ‘The Rising’)
    17. Long Time Comin’ (2005, ‘Devils & Dust’)
    18. Wrecking Ball (2012, ‘Wrecking Ball’)

St. Nate likes this.
  2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

This book is going to be something special. Listening to him tell stories live is as exciting as the songs! He really has a knack for storytelling.

3. selfreliable

Regular

Glad to see The Castiles and Steel Mill songs making this. Wish there was a bit more unreleased tracks on this, but that's just because there is never enough Springsteen songs to listen to. Really looking forward to reading the book.

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

5. alexjlow

Regular

I think I must have read about 20 Bruce biographies not to mention all the essays etc... This book will be everything.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

!!!

Already got the book preordered. Won't buy the compilation, but I'm looking forward to hearing those unreleased tracks.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

Same & same

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I kind of wish he'd done something like pick his favorite deep cut from every album. How often have most of these times been repackaged as greatest hits now? We've gotta be pushing double digits.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

That would be awesome. You're right, yeah - people who are buying his autobiography have definitely already heard born to run and the river before, haha