Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine to End With Season 8

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter:

The beloved cop comedy starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher will wrap with its previously announced eighth season. The final season will consist of 10 episodes — its lowest order ever. What’s more, the series from creators Dan Goor and Mike Schur (Parks and Recreation) will not air during the 2020-21 broadcast season. The Universal Television entry will return at a date to be determined during the 2021-22 broadcast season.

Sources say NBC opted to delay Brooklyn’s return in order to give the beloved and award-winning comedy a proper sendoff. NBC has already set its “midseason” slate as part of a crowded broadcast calendar in April and has, pandemic challenges notwithstanding, the Olympics in the summer. Rather than bury it in August, NBC will use the Olympics to market the final season and give the show a big promotional push for an expected 2021-22 premiere.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Sad but glad if they're going out, they're able to do it right.

3. Sherlock Mahomes

Regular Supporter

Will keep up with the cast and give their new shows a chance. Loved this show. It was a little repetitive at times, but has some of my favorite lines.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  4. tomtom94

Trusted

I wish it were more than 10 episodes though :(

5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

[​IMG]

6. CMilliken

Trusted

It's been a fantastic show and so glad it got picked up by NBC after Fox was stupid enough to dump it.

Frinet42 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  7. deflector

formerly pizzatime

I bet the show gets super serious this season. Predicting a 10 episode arc that has the characters reconciling with police brutality and a finale that ends with some characters retiring/pursuing alternative avenues to community involvement than the police, while some stay behind to fix the system.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

100%

9. Bittersweet, but they have my full confidence that it'll be a killer sendoff of a season

10. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Judy family spin-off?

btr likes this.