Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show • Page 85

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I wish Jake's reason for leaving the NYPD fell more in-line with Rosa's reasoning since they had that earlier episode where she really explained her stance to him and he seemed to realize the corruption more as the episode went on. And wish we got Bruce Willis. It was an otherwise perfect episode.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They barely avoided cancellation a second time, no way in hell they could've afforded Bruce Willis unless everyone did the season pro-bono

3. RyanPm40

Yeah, but didn't Bruce Willis's daughter tweet out at one point that she wanted to convince her dad? That's the only reason I had some hope, though the pandemic made it unsurprising

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. JamesMichael Sep 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2021)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

It will always blow my mind that this show was close to being cancelled more than once. Just so many awesome characters that were carefully cast which ultimately led to many laughs. It isn’t a show that comes along often.

NINE NINE!

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Joanna Newsom popping up was weird, but a nice touch.

6. RyanPm40

I lol'd when she called Andy ugly

7. perfect send off for a perfect show.

could’ve done without the “one year later” bit but no complaints about it

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah pretty fantastic last episode. One of the funniest of the series.

9. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

you know, I was thinking the same. went out on an emotional note and felt good. the one year later just felt forced

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Terry loves waking up
    my name's Norm?
    Ukrainian Etsy
    I am not the Kool Aid man
    whatever breeder
    your present for me is school I'm glad you're leaving
    except for the ugly one who made fun of my cello

I'm sorry Amy's a good person she wouldn't adopt a dog just for the heist, poor Biscuit hopefully Rosa gets him
    but yeah good closure and they did the best they could with addressing how to be a cop show now

11. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

The one year later bit gave me Holt pretending to be a janitor, so I call it a win.

ChaseTx and imthesheriff like this.
  12. imthegrimace

It was probably unnecessary but I didn’t hate it.

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I got so excited when Joanna Newsom showed up

Also I had forgotten about a lot of Boyle's early plotlines so that was a fun callback

jjnunn118 likes this.
  14. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Towards the end of the finale it struck me that Boyle spends basically the whole first season in love with Rosa and it’s so strange to think about

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I remembered that much, that was rough

JamesMichael likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was an overall very good season and great end to the show. Some very, very funny episodes in here. Loved Dr Cox as the union head. Rosa & Amy swapping and him not noticing, plus his Billy Joel obsession were great. Rosa quitting was a good move. Doug Judy episode was possible my favorite of those (Tigers and Tucs! Slurp Slurp!).

What was going on with Boyle's hair? I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a joke or not.

As far as the politics if it, the first half of the season opener was a little clumsy. I like that they acknowledged all these things, but it felt very forced at times. The following episodes handled the issues of policing in a more thoughtful and nuanced way, but the last handful of episodes did seem to shy away from the issues. I was hoping Jake would retire in part because of his newfound issues with policing.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Finally just got around to watching the final season and mostly loved it. Sad knowing it’s over, but thought the send off was pretty perfect.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. imthegrimace

I need to see that now.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, the final season of this aired?

somehow i totally missed it.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s a very short season, and I think they aired back to back episodes each week, so it came and went in a hurry.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Jake and Amy are back

Ferrari333SP and imthesheriff like this.
  24. imthegrimace

Tim Robinson!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

imthesheriff and chewbacca110 like this.