Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show • Page 80

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Let's go

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Rosa on edibles should be interesting lol

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hope that whoop joke is the worst thing in the whole season. that's literally family guy shit

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

First thing I thought of was Stewie's "cool whip" scene

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

exactly

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait for this!

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Or Hot Rod, starring Andy Samberg. Take your pick.

coleslawed, 333 GANG and CarpetElf like this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The whoop part was funnier than the family guy version.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh shit this is in less than two weeks

Gonna hold out on watching the trailer

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It looks like NBC is airing a football game instead of the premiere of this for me which is extremely fucking annoying, do network shows usually show up on Hulu the next day? This is like the only show on a major network that I still watch lol

11. i believe it should be on Hulu and probably even nbc.com the next day unless Peacock somehow ruined everything

tdlyon likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's weird seeing them address everything but also it helps with feeling like this is a fictional show that they're wearing masks and getting vaccinated lol
    also of course Charles would be annoyingly woke lol
    Dr Cox! of course he'd be a pba president lol
    just put on some Oakleys and Tevas
    they said Piano Man's his only good tune
    no not Kevin, I hope cheddar is okay
    Holt is my dad you're my mean older sister Amy's my mom, who's gonna help me Parent Trap Holt and Kevin
    Terry loves hedges and hates edges
    you told me I was dumb for getting stock in Spencer's Gifts
    have you ever seen a duck

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

It'll be on Hulu, NBC.com and Peacock.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. RyanPm40

Hell yeah, forgot this was on tonight, and just discovered I already had them set on my DVR

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

...Does anyone else think the first episode felt extremely heavy-handed at points, especially towards the beginning? I get that they had to acknowledge a lot of things and I'm glad that they took such a stance but it struck a really weird tone with me, like they really wanted people to applaud them or something. I almost felt like namedropping George Floyd like that was in poor taste a little? I agree with everything the episode was saying obviously but I'm not sure I'm 100% a fan of how they went about it, but it might just be me

The second episode was great though, I'm glad the Holt and Kevin split didn't last

16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I agree to an extent, but I think it was really only the intro to the premiere that gave me that impression. Once they set that stage, it felt like everyone/everything fell into a pretty natural role for what I'd expect from the show

17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

first episode was really awkward, I respect them for addressing all the things they tried to address, but trying to fit all these massively complex and heavy concepts into a show with Brooklyn 99's pacing just doesn't work. going from the familiar fast-paced banter to those kind of things and then back in the space of a few seconds is just... too much

second episode was much better imo. stoned Rosa was the vibe

imthesheriff and riotspray like this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That's a good articulation of what I think my problem with it was. It's really hard to go from namedropping Floyd like I said and then going right back to goofy jokes

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

After finishing episode 2, yeah the first one feels a lot more off. I sort of assumed it'd be similar to the other season premieres where the first 2-3 episodes would follow the same general thread, but they kinda jumped right back into usual 99 antics (which I loved and the episode was a ton of fun, but it makes some of what they tried to do with the first episode feel kinda hollow)

And yeah, I'm 100% here for stoned Rosa

Rowan5215 likes this.
  20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wow I just realised the jabroni union guy is Dr. Cox from Scrubs. haven't seen him in ages!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm also not sure Rosa and Holt would have a sudden crisis of faith, they're both pure intelligent people so I'm not sure they'd just wake up one day and be like oh no are cops bad

imthesheriff and riotspray like this.
  22. “natural motherfucker” made me cackle

Dan Quinlan and chewbacca110 like this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The dribble cup as a gag had me cackling

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Still not on Hulu :(

25. RyanPm40

Yeah I'm really confused by that, I found a lot of articles saying it would be