Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show • Page 74

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I agree with this

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

my hope for the "something coming" is that the cast addresses that their show makes cops out to be loveable diverse goofballs and the role that plays in police violence, that the characters they portray are characters and not at all realistic, and that the problem is not with a few "bad eggs" but the system itself. that plus a bigass donation to bail funds/other worthy causes.
    come on 99. don't let me down.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They should reboot the show. Same characters, same actors but now they are crab fishing or something

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Someone on Twitter said postal workers and that would be good

5. lati

Ohhh id watch that

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

each character gets their own recap podcast or Youtube tutorial

Boyle talks about Bunheads
    Rosa talks about Nancy Meyers movies
    Terry talks about yogurt
    Holt gives museum tours

RyanPm40, Dirty Sanchez and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They should all collectively move to Scranton, PA and get jobs at a paper company

Contender, FTank, RyanPm40 and 6 others like this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It’s funny because Amy would be Pam, in that she and Jake have the Jim/Pam thing going on, but she’d also be Dwight technically cuz you know she’s the Assistant (to the) Regional Manager, Holt.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

morgantayler, Anthony_ and ChaseTx like this.
  10. clucky

Trusted Supporter

RyanPm40, Garrett, Zilla and 8 others like this.
  11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

nice donation. really wish they’d say more though.

12. clucky

Trusted Supporter

yeah but even just using the phrase "police brutality" is already stronger than most others have said

mad and 333 GANG like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it seems impersonal because they did it as a group, like when one person at work buys the birthday card and then everyone else just signs it

waking season likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Does that amount include the 11000 Stephanie already donated? I'm guessing so

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont believe in loopholes. As always i will be using the main hole or no hole. I choose no hole.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I know there's no right answer about how this show can work with ACAB except maybe Rosa being an activist trying to overthrow the police state from within

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

unless their protest episodes involve the whole squad realizing that they’ve been complicit in state violence against people of colour and all quit and the show pivots to their lives post-NYPD....which we know is not going to happen... I honestly don’t know if I can watch this show anymore.

18. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Honestly season eight should just be the final season. The whole season’s narrative should revolve around the protests and defunding the police and, as mad said above, the characters coming to the individual realizations of what they’ve been complicit in. End the whole thing with the NYPD being shut down and allow the characters space to transition into newer, better stations in life where they’re actively helping people as it should be. Let the viewers know they’re all still family and have expanded that familial love they’ve found in each other by looking outward to the community around them.

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

agreed on all counts here. but I’m not holding out hope for anything close to this happening tho lol

RyanPm40, Nyquist and waking season like this.
  20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Lol nope

mad likes this.
  21. Yeah I love(d) this show but just can’t anymore - just cancel it

jkauf, alina and waking season like this.
  22. lati Jun 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2020)
    lati

I took some time to think and yeah I disagree

DaveyA89 and waking season like this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

They could always pull an Archer and just switch the setting entirely tbh. It’s a workplace comedy that’s not intrinsically *about* the police. Archer ditched being about an org named ISIS lol

Henry, DaveyA89 and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

If they made such a thematic heel turn for the final season, where suddenly a lighthearted sitcom becomes this dark, Wire-esque drama about how they are complicit in the system? Even if people hated it, it would go down in tv history. I say why not

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I fully support them all just working in a new workplace and never making mention of it.