Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show • Page 65

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Damn. Can't say I've ever watched New Girl but that is high praise.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I wouldn't look too much into that; I don't watch too many comedies, so I'm not exposed to that many different sources of comedy, but I found New Girl to be funny from episode 1 of season 1 to the end of season 7, whereas B99 dips for random episodes before being really funny is others. Each episode of NG for me hits with a freight train of funny

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I loved New Girl the first couple of seasons and I kind of forgot about it. This was before discovering P&R, B99, Community, The Office and Always Sunny which are my all-time favorites, so I'd really have to give New Girl a second shot to see where I'd put it.. my tastes have changed a lot since then

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I've watched skattered bits of Always Sunny and found it to be pretty funny, but haven't fulled dived into it. When I have more free time, hopefully later this summer, Always Sunny is one of the shows I want to dive into

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

How could they not bring back Rosa for the end of that last episode? Jake was true to his word.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

upload_2020-2-10_21-39-42.gif

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

New Girl is spectacular. It's funnier than B99 but definitely not better.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think I'm more referring solely on how funny each of them are; the show "universe" in B99 seems bigger, with more characters, which is fun to explore. But based purely on how funny each are, New Girl tops it for me

RyanPm40 and CarpetElf like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Agreed. New Girl had more eye-roll moments and bad plots but more laugh out loud moments too. Schmidt and Winston are incredible and Cece is the perfect straight character.

10. RyanPm40

Schmidt was probably my favorite character in terms of laughs when I did watch it, I'll have to jump back in. Pretty sweet to see Netflix actually have a good sitcom as everything keeps disappearing lol

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think someone posted the wrong picture lol

12. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Nah. The only possible explanation is B99 is in the Chicago universe and there’s a crossover event

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't put it past Dick Wolf to add another show to his crossover events. Don't think they've ever done a 4 show crossover lol

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

In B99, what episode/season does the New Girl crossover happen? I just started season 4 and haven't seen it happen yet

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's episode 4 of season 4 so you're close!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Haha wow! I literally started episode 3 last night (before I got super tired and paused it, haha)

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New Girl lost me when they started dating. I find that a lot of shows tend to lose momentum when they force a relationship as the main story. Same thing happened with The Office imo.

chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

It’s actually episode 4 of season 6. Coach departs again at the end of season four so he gets a brief cameo at the end of the crossover episode when they run into him on the street.

I do agree this is where the drop off occurred. I love the show, but I remember even back in the AP days when posters in the New Girl thread began expressing frustration during season three. That, to me, is definitely the weakest season and Elizabeth Meriwether seemed to agree based on comments she and the writers made around that time. They made a lot of poor choices when it came to character arcs and story beats. Elizabeth admitted they boxed themselves into a corner when they put Nick and Jess together because they had narrowed the focus of the show that season to revolve too heavily around their relationship instead of just letting them be and allowing the show to continue being a fun hangout sitcom. They wrote Schmidt way out of character in the first few episodes when he’s carrying on a secret relationship with two separate women at the same time. I could see an argument being made that Schmidt is obviously a “douche” so it’s not too far removed from the realm of possibility, but I always feel like it takes all his character progression from the first two seasons and just chucks it right out the window to create some manufactured drama they have to then write themselves back out of. The jokes don’t land as hard, the characters feel off, Coach - I would argue - doesn’t really fit in until they course correct in season four and that also hurts Winston’s character as a result because he tends to get sidelined, and then they introduce a never-before-mentioned little sister for Jess who we meet and then never see or hear from ever again. It’s a weird season of television and I do not blame people for jumping ship at that point.

I would definitely urge those people to jump back on for season four and onward though because they do course correct quickly and it’s great. I think season five might be my favorite because it was mostly written in a vacuum and the larger season arc of the wedding really creates one of the strongest narratives.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

That's the New Girl episode of the crossover, they were asking about the B99 episode :)

20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Ohhhhhhhhh duhhhhhh lol my bad.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

Based on your description, I'm pretty sure season 3 is when I started losing interest in the show and then forgot it existed, so this makes a whole lot of sense. Glad to hear it gets better

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Seasons 4-7 are all gold. The first three all have their rough moments

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

So far this is one of the funniest eps in a whiille haha FUCK YES PIMENTO. I was literally just complaining to my girlfriend last night that he hasn't been on in too long

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The main story with Jake/Charles/Pimento was great but I wasn't a huge fan of the squad storyline

Always great to get a surprise Jim Rash appearance in things

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

Brooklyn Nine-Nine inspired Valentine's Day card is complete :crylaugh:

Attached Files:

mad, Dirty Sanchez and cybele like this.