Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, not to say that it doesn't have its funny moments, but overall, the show is getting too weird for me, and less laughs than there used to be for sure. S5 and S6 are sooo different. I feel like I've heard they kept their writers when switching studios but I don't know that I'm buying it, unless the writers reaaally relied on Fox to reel them back in.

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The bleeped swearing is so completely out of place and foreign for this show. I really can't understand how they thought that would be a good idea, outside of maybe one joke.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

Yeah I actually found it really funny at first just because it was such a shock to hear, but they've overused it at this point.

This B needs a C in her A was still a hilarious part for me lol

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that's the one joke I think it worked great for. I wish they did that one and never again, tbh

And I've mentioned this a few times but the cinematography is so damn dark this season. it's incredibly distracting to me.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That damn dog is way too cute

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I'm enjoying this season

ChaseTx, Wharf Rat and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still enjoying it as well, to be clear.

8. RyanPm40

Yeah I'm enjoying it and still tuning in, it's just by far the worst season they've done imo

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I feel the exact opposite. Definitely think this is the best stuff they've ever put out and thought this episode ruled. 2 Scullys is amazing

morgantayler likes this.
  10. simonthebutler

Regular

I find that this is the reaction with most shows as episodes air but then going back at the end of a season and watching as a whole season gives a more favourable picture, and b99 is a show that definitely holds up to multiple watches.

ChaseTx and Wharf Rat like this.
  11. RyanPm40

Idk about that. I keep trying to convince myself of that and try to do a second watch-through on Hulu after a few episodes and they still don't hold up that well for me. Obviously I'm not watching an entire season, but I'll at least rewatch multiple episodes free of commercial breaks at a time

12. Damn I thought this episode was A+ stuff. I think it's as good as it's ever been.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I loved the first few uses of bleeped words but I agree it’s getting a little old. I’ve enjoyed this season a lot for the most part but it does feel a bit different.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I thought this totally held up with the other heist episodes, I was laughing the entire time

That Birdo joke had me fucking dying

ChaseTx and Anthony_ like this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It feels like they got caught up in this whole "they moved from Fox to NBC so now they're free!!!" hype that was of course nonsense from the start. I still like it, but it does feel a little off, yes.

RyanPm40 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  16. Anthony_ May 11, 2019
    (Last edited: May 11, 2019)
    Anthony_

Flanderized is a weird word to use for this show too, I mean you could definitely argue none of the characters have changed much since the beginning but none of them have gotten heightened to the point of self-parody either. They’re all still basically the same as they were at the beginning, which is par for the course on 90% of sitcoms.

ChaseTx and Wharf Rat like this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Complaining about the bleeped swears is so bizarre. I will take that a million times over hearing grown adults say "mind-f"

ChaseTx, morgantayler and Wharf Rat like this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I don’t think the swears themselves are the problem, where I live we don’t bleep anything ever lol it’s just that it did change the tone of the show a little

RyanPm40 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  19. I do find it weird we are bleeping words in 2019. Just let them swear.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It would be like if Friends started bleeping swear words 6 seasons in. I don’t think anyone is offended or clutching their pearls, it just “feels off” for these characters we’ve known for five years previous. Outside of that one joke mentioned earlier, that was hilarious.

21. RyanPm40

I loved the bleeping swears at first for shock value, but now it's just so overused that it feels forced and is no longer unexpected.

I disagree, I think the characters have changed a lot to accentuate things about them. Amy and Holt fall victim to this the most for me. But to each their own :p

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

While I still find him funny, Holt has gotten more and more silly every year. If you watch a few episodes from the first season and then jump to a new episode now, the difference is clear as day.

The Lucky Moose and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. RyanPm40

Yeah, he used to have his petty moments which were always a hilarious contrast to his very serious demeanor, but now he just seems less and less serious

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

He has been working there for 6 years now sooooo

25. Anthony_

People don’t grow more comfortable/loose around others the more time they spend together hush