Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Pretty solid premiere but I really wish there was a reason for Chelsea to be there too.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I love her relationship with Holt

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Chelsea is my fav on the show. Can't wait for more Gina.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Vivatoto like this.
  4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Based on the episode titles we won't see the rest of the squad until ep 4.
    On the plus side we get Jim O'Heir and Ken Marino next week

ChaseTx and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Almost done with my rewatch and then I'll watch the premiere

This show is actually even better binged

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished my rewatch and watched the premiere. Really love what they did with it, this is basically exactly what I wanted to see after the ending of S3

Hopefully Jorma sticks around for the rest of the Florida episodes too

Kingjohn_654 and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's really hard to believe this show is entering it's 4th season. It feels like not very long ago at all I was sitting down to watch the premiere, cautiously optimistic that it would be as good as its cast and creative pedigree suggested. And boy, was it.

I loved the premiere. I understand why people would say they miss the rest of the squad, but this narrative thread needs to be wrapped up before they can come back into the picture, unfortunately. But Jake and Holt have always been one of the show's best character pairings, so still getting to see them interact during their exile is great. Loved seeing Jorm as Holt's boss, too.

Kingjohn_654 and ChaseTx like this.
  8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I actually like that we're currently stuck in Florida with Jake and Holt. They've been stuck there for six months and keeping the audience away from the Nine Nine for now makes us feel the distance and time. When they go back and everything has inevitably changed, we'll feel like we've missed out just like Jake and Holt will. Relationships will have changed, maybe job positions, inside jokes will have developed, etc. We will be made to feel like outsiders and I think that's an interesting decision. I felt like the show was getting a little stale last season so this is a shot in the arm and I'm into it. I'm thinking Jake's going to be returning to a disappointing relationship with Amy. That shot where he touches Amy's photo on the wall had me a little worried about how she's feeling on her end and whether she's chosen to move on (again, something that really works here because we're not with the gang back home). I even fear for Raymond and Kevin. We know that Kevin has had an issue in the past with Ray's work life and thus his work taking him away for an indefinite period of time has me thinking it may cause some strife between them. The possibilities this storyline opens up has me really intrigued.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I don't feel like they need the rest of the cast there right now, I just want Gina to show up because she saw the video and just wants to hang out with them.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

I agree with most of this. The only thing that I don't think will be very compelling is a fallout with Jake and Amy's relationship because I don't think that was compelling at all throughout the entirety of last season. Always felt like an afterthought to me.

11. Nyquist

I agree with that. Though that's why I think a relationship shake up here could perhaps be interesting in that it further bonds Jake and Holt together in their mutual loss and gives them both a goal. I like the idea that they'd go back and everything would be different except each other.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wonder how Boyle is holding up, I hope we see him auditioning temporary best friends, Hitchcock and Scully could be a whole episode

mad likes this.
  13. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

If there's any more Jake/Amy will they/won't they I'm going to stab something.

They did. They are. Sure, maybe problems readjusting, but her moving on and them going back to square one would be dumb.

14. Nyquist

Eh. I guess I'm just not as bothered by will they/won't they machinations. Being placed in witness protection for over six months could easily have ramifications on a serious relationship when the other party has no idea if and when you will return. I wouldn't mind it.

15. Deathco_019

Drummer

I've never cared for their will they/won't they at all since maybe early season two.

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I hope they're gonna be like Jim/Pam and just stay together for the rest of the series with little to no drama

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't think they'd break up, this show is too positive for that, I know that seeming dark more than Holt and Peralta being convinced that Figgis is going to murder them doesn't quite make sense

18. alex

notgonz Prestigious

I don't get why Holt's husband wouldn't be placed in protection as well?

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I don't get too wrapped up in plot holes on shows like this but this one is jarring

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

According to ads we actually do see the rest of the cast next episode

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Melissa Fumero also tweeted at a fan that she'd be in the next episode too, just for further confirmation

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Nyquist

"It's 2016, man. You brought this on yourself."

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

see you never drive thru vape store
    I was briefly detained by Taylor Swift's security, she's writing a song about me
    we're NYC detectives, Ice T plays us on TV, we keep the Tonys safe

you want me to die? honestly a little
    enjoy your blood yogurt, I will

we're sitting ducks that's the worst kind of duck, tell that to the Dutch hook bill

lish and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I hope Esther continues on as Gina's assistant.

I Am Mick, lish and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Today's was fantastic. I really love this storyline

I may be taking it too literally though but were Jake and Holt planning on just straight killing Figgis?

lish likes this.