Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Detective Jake Peralta, a talented and carefree cop with the best arrest record, has never had to follow the rules too closely or work very hard. That changes when Ray Holt, a man with a lot to prove, becomes the new commanding officer of Brooklyn's 99th precinct. As Holt reminds Peralta to respect the badge, an extremely competitive colleague -- Detective Amy Santiago -- starts to close in on the hotshot cop's arrest record. Other members of the precinct include Sgt. Terry Jeffords, a devoted family man, Detective Charles Boyle, a hard worker who idolizes Jake, and Rosa Diaz, a sexy-yet-intimidating detective. Civilian office manager Gina Linetti is tasked with cleaning up everyone's mess, while somehow getting involved in everyone's business.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I enjoyed this week's episode a lot. All the different parties for Rosa were amazing. Also excited that there seems to be a plotline that's gonna last more than one week.

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Haven't seen the last episode or two but Zouks has been such a fun addition to the cast.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Newest was the best in a long while

5. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I always feel like I'm the only person who's watching this. It's good to know there are at least 3 others.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I've been watching it this season, just haven't been impressed.

I agree that this week's was the best in a while though.

7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I loved Amy in prison, excited to see what happens in the next episode.
    "I'm not a bruiser, I'm a psycho."

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm so behind this season, like seven or eight back

9. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm exactly like this but with Bob's Burgers.

Honestly, I don't think you're missing much

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

behind on that too, haha.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've kept up with this show, but my feelings on it have dwindled a bit.

First season was great. I loved it and saw lots of potential for this show. I still enjoy this show, but it's never really gone anywhere and the characters are all kind of stale. Feel like this show could have been the next Parks or The Office, but hasn't really taken that step to make it stand out like those did.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm about 3 episodes behind on Bob's, but I'd say Bob's is a much more consistent show than B99. In fact, it's more consistent than most half hour sitcoms/cartoons.

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

I agree, I've really enjoyed it. Idk why I just haven't kept up with it since it came back in January. I feel like at this point I know what to expect from Bob's Burgers, which isn't a bad thing because it's so consistent, which is e. It's weird that I've fallen behind. I guess it's because of how great New Girl has been this season and that's been occupying my thoughts and time.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't watched New Girl, but it's sitting in my Netflix queue. I've probably fallen behind on Bob's b/c of the inconsistency in its airing schedule. I kind of forget it about it for weeks at a time and then realize they aired 2 a week for the few weeks so I'm suddently behind.

15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I agree that this season hasn't been as good as the first two but I'm confident they'll bring the quality back up.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just learned there's 23 episodes this season, not 22. So there's two left

17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Show is still funny, but I just don't care about any of these characters in the same way I did with Parks or 30 Rock at this point. Plus Mantzoukas's shtick is so overplayed at this point its detracted from the show.

18. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

like i said the past year or two for these fox comedies, they're about 10 episodes too long a season.

19. Deathco_019

Drummer

Eh, I think New Girl is fine with the amount of episodes it gets. There were only a couple I wasn't that into last season, but I wouldn't want just 13 of New Girl.

B99 though I am inclined to agree with you because there's never really a meaningful overarching story so it causes each individual season to blend together, at least for me.

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

this is a super funny show. subbed.

21. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

"Steve is nothing."

I need more Holt watching Sex and the City.

22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

"Oh, Bob."

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Oh dang!!!!

24. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Ugh I had a feeling it was going that way, mid episode, but I didn't want it to be true. First Jake, now Holt.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This one was great. Funny and genuinely pretty exciting too. I actually didn't see that ending coming