Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brockhampton - Roadrunner: New Light New Machine (April 9th 2021) • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ccsc918, Jan 1, 2021.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Really getting Iridescence vibes from all of this which I could not be happier about

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Buzzcut is certainly a top 5 song by them. The energy is off the charts, and Danny brown always takes things to 11

waking season likes this.
  3. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Jesus. That's heartbreaking for Joba. My heart goes out to him and his family

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Yeah, that’s really tragic and I can’t imagine how that feels to experience that.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

One of my best friend's mother committed suicide 2 months before he left for college. He still went away, and I was his roommate during that first year.

I can't stress how important it is, and happy I am, that they were all there for him.

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Feel like it's kinda messed up that the article says "screams re-open the barber shop" to describe Joba's appearence, I feel like if he wanted to he would have already so obviously he's feeling that look right now. Or even if he isn't and there's some deeper shit going on with it out of depression or whatever, it's not really the article's place to make that judgement.

Also now I feel bad because I've been always calling them the "certified™️ Best Boy Band" every time I introduce them to someone, even when Buzzcut came out. The retirement of a title now.

8. sawhney[rusted]2

Just re-listened to iridescence and it’s really not for me. There’s certainly cool moments, but there’s just no room to breathe, or even a single moment of levity on the thing. Even the production on the slower tracks are so dissonant that you can’t settle down. I wish there was a more explicit overarching theme that threads all the songs and passages. You can certainly tell they were in a really dark place writing that record and they executed what they wanted to extremely well. I certainly understand people can connect to that level of uneasiness and they can let that album in but I just can’t connect.

DarkHotline and waking season like this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s funny, that’s exactly what I love about that album but I also completely understand what you mean

10. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, it’s just frustrating because there’s so many things that work and are so interesting to me, but the frenetic pace doesn’t inherently do anything to connect to a larger picture, which may be why it loses me a bit. But BUZZCUT rectifies a lot of what went “wrong” on iridescence imo and if they can keep this quality were getting a stellar one

11. DarkHotline Mar 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2021)
    DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Iridescence is the one I honestly go back to the least. Great songs on it of course but the energy on that looking back years later is just all over the place. Plus, it’s clear now that they were trying to figure out how to move past Ameer being this large presence in their music and they didn’t really get that down until Ginger dropped imo.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I just fucking love the production on Iridescence. I've said it a million times but I'm an absolute sucker for hip-hop that uses that kind of glitchy/electronic production

The main trio of producers for this group are incredibly talented and have a ton of range

13. Yeah, honestly I find WEIGHT and TONYA to be effective moments of levity. TAPE, too.

14. Rowan5215

yeah imo there's some fantastic reprieves from how full-on iridescence is scattered all throughout. or you mean levity like tonally? no doubt it's their darkest album but there's still some silly fun (WHERE THE CASH AT, HONEY) and some genuinely beautiful stuff (SOMETHING ABOUT HIM and the second half of SAN MARCOS)

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I meant tonally more than anything, mostly in the delivery in the vocals. I’m certainly not denying there’s great moments like you described

16. ccsc918

existing

New single this week! presumably on Wednesday

17. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT MY RIDE

18. ccsc918

existing

Album cover and new single cover art leaked

19. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction? I'm not as savvy as I used to be lmao

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol same

21. ccsc918

existing

album cover in the replies

22. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

If the trend is following, and Kevin being on the front of the cover was because it was all Kevin, reallllly looking forward to a Dom track.

23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

hell yeah

all I know is it’s going to make me want a new rocky tape

24. Yessss give me a Dom track

25. Rowan5215

seems like this album is moving away from having multiple BH members on each song and instead highlighting one member each with some features?

I mean, not saying the whole album will be like that, but it seems to be the format for the first two singles, plus "CHAIN ON" and "BANKROLL" unless those two have changed from their initial versions

skogsraet and waking season like this.