Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BROCKHAMPTON - Iridescence (September 21, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

excited to listen to the playlist tomorrow tho

last one is still in rotation

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I dunno anyone's name except Kevin, but the pink haired dude has a great verse here

3. FantasticCams

I loved the new song. The pace and delivery of all the verses, especially Merlyn and Joba's were amazing. My only concern going forward, though it's minimal, is that they might be utilizing Bearface too much? I feel like his spots in the two latest songs have felt incredibly forced, and that has made them kind of tough to get into. Overall, big fan of the song, will definitely be on repeat for the next few days. Kevin writes a STICKY hook.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow I love this, maybe more than WILDFIRE. Definitely think I'm gonna make an album out of all of these songs like I did for Frank's Blonded

5. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I love this, 2/2. The outro is great, I didn’t find the transition awkward either.

Wait so are these just one offs? I figured these were singles for an album.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Not too into either of the new songs aside from the production and Dom's parts.

7. CobraKidJon

these single artworks have been great tbh.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

hows their live show?

9. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Like this a bit more than Wildfire I think

10. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty good

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh my god can they switch up the style of one of these fucking songs please???? Barely any evolution over the first shit they were putting out

SpyKi likes this.
  12. zmtr

Trusted

I had never listened to them until today and I've played Wildfire like 8 times. Seeing them at MOPOP next weekend so I wanted to get familiar beforehand and I'm loving what I'm hearing

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

If anything they've been refining and building themselves during the journey from Saturation 1 to 3. I guess these new songs could have been completely different since it's out of the Saturation era now but I dunno it doesn't bother me so far.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s just frustrating to know how creative and ambitious a guy like Kevin is and then to have songs with quite literally the same structure each time. I loved Lamb because it was different. American Boyfriend was different. The addition of Bearface helps, but awkwardly throwing him in these songs is lazy. Switch up the structure, not every member needs to be on every song. Play around with hooks and songwriting

Contender and SpyKi like this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

Woah "Waste" and "Summer" are awesome. I thought they were all hip hop kinda stuff

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

They're a boy band first and foremost, don't you forget that

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean to be fair, I’ve been restless about them switching it up since last August, lol. I don’t get how more people aren’t saying it

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Exactly! Do more shit like this! Get weird!!!

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

I feel like they are pretty weird in general, I dunno

20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah personally they could probably release the same shit over and over and idk if I’d get tired of it, but I would love something new and interesting

skogsraet likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The new Migos isn’t very good either, though. That doesn’t help BH. Plus, Migos goes over better beats. I have a similar problem with the OF crew

22. CobraKidJon

how dare you I've been saying it

I do agree they need some sort of change and they can't throw bearface on every song to mask where ameer would be

Contender and OhTheWater like this.
  23. CobraKidJon

DarkMatterHotSauce likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

gonna check that out tbh

also I'm listening to the second radio show and the songs so far are great

25. CobraKidJon

this week had Lil Rob, a song from the goofy movie soundtrack and the goat Whitney Houston? Wow I love this show.

Allhailburnzy likes this.