Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brockhampton - GINGER (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 1, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Wow y'all had me worried that I was gonna have a bad time, but I had a very good time! Thought the Ginger songs were interspersed pretty well and appreciated that this will probably be my only opportunity to see songs like Big Boy performed.

Honey didn't quite work, but District into J'ouvert was FANTASTIC! And my earlier concern that they would rely on backing tracks too much was put to rest as well; they all went pretty hard!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This has a really weird vibe, I can't tell if some of the drama is manufactured to make a point or not. It seems like that's what they're going for but at the same time it's not really very well done if that's the goal

I still always love their documentary content though

4. irthesteve

i read somewhere that it's a mockumentary actually

5. MrAirplane

Trusted

saw them last night and kiko and jabari sat right in front of us. what do those guys do on tour? just hang out?

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Great question haha. I bet they have other duties like prepping the song instrumentals and stuff

MrAirplane likes this.
  7. Just got my vinyl shipping confirmation yesterday!

JRGComedy and ComedownMachine like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I think they are usually making beats on the road for the main dudes and also checking on the mixing during the set.

MrAirplane likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I was there last night too! I saw them in Rock & Roll Hotel in DC on their first tour (holds maybe like 250 people) and have been to every tour since, it's absolutely insane to witness their growth like that

To answer your question, I'm sure they make music on tour (Romil was on the side of the stage the whole show too, I had a clear view of him), that's how they have such a quick turnaround

10. irthesteve

NSFW

11. CobraKidJon

wtf

12. irthesteve

kinda cool tbh, haha

13. CobraKidJon

that isnt the cheesy kind of video I wanted

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait to watch after work

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

yah I like it its goofy, song is fantastic for how kinda cheesy it is

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha new video is a trip

17. Vinyl finally came in today! Bless them for listing the names in alphabetical order, haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Cool video, I really don't get the intense love for this song though, it's not even on my top 5 on the album probably

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Still thinking about how good they were

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. that was like a borderline arena level production in a midsized theater; incredible

hope @Aaron Mook has a swell time as well

i would have been more proactive about trying to meet up but i ended up finding myself in a bit of a date situation, which is very off brand for me

Aaron Mook and JaytotheGee like this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It was seriously so sick, that and Manchester back to back was just such a treat haha

But yes definitely will meet up at a future gig!

Aaron Mook and gonz (Alex) like this.
  22. I, uhhhh, never got a ticket and completely forgot. Lmao

JaytotheGee likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

ssshhh you should have just said yeah i was there

24. Sway had Ameer on to talk about accountability and the split last week.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wasn't gonna bring it up in this thread but apparently he was at the LA stop of the tour (I don't think he was invited, he was just in the crowd, although some fans have said they saw him go backstage but I'm not sure I believe that)