Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brockhampton - GINGER (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 1, 2019.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m only bummed because the band doesn’t like iridescence and pretty much the whole fan base thinks it’s the worst one (outside of this thread) so it probably won’t get much setlist representation :(

2. Do they actually not like it though, or is it just their least favorite? They didn't seem to hate it in the video really, and HK shouted out "DISTRICT"

waking season likes this.
  3. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I noticed they didn't play a single song at that Friday Therapy encore and it really bummed me out. I get it was just a short encore but they could've played SOMETHING

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I absolutely love Iridescence but I'm also a sucker for that harsh Yeezus-like production, any rap album that sounds like that immediately goes up a point or two for me

Omni likes this.
  5. Omni

Regular

Yep same. It's one of the reasons I like Big Fish Theory so much too.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, another great one.

Anyone know any similar rap albums now that we're talking about it? I know Yeezus, Iridescence, Big Fish, JPEGMAFIA's stuff, Death Grips, clipping... think that's all I can think of off the top of my head

Omni likes this.
  7. Omni

Regular

Cherry Bomb by Tyler. I'm sure you've heard that already though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh yeah I didn't think to include that one. I'd really only say like Death Camp and the title track are like that though

9. Omni

Regular

Pilot and Run tho

Cherry Bomb admittedly isn't anywhere near as good as BFT, Iridescence or Yeezus though lol

tdlyon likes this.
  10. I like Cherry Bomb a lot tho, super underappreciated

Omni likes this.
  11. Omni

Regular

Yeah it's not bad, just not on the same level as those albums I named for me

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Every Tyler album has been better than the last imo

I honestly think IGOR surpassed Flower Boy for me. I might have to relisten to both though

13. Omni

Regular

Flower Boy > IGOR > Wolf > Cherry Bomb > Bastard > Goblin imo

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

IGOR >>>>>>>>>>>> Flower Boy >>>> I Don't >>> Like >>>> Anything Else >>>> From Him

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I agree with musically everything on Igor sounds better than Flower Boy but like I have such an emotional attachment to flower boy that I can never put Igor above it.

but yeah all I really care about is cherry bomb, flower boy and Igor.

Maybevictor likes this.
  16. Omni

Regular

I like everything except Goblin and Bastard. Not a fan of the lyrical content on those two and also the beats on Goblin are kinda awful.

17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I don’t know if anyone ever watched it when it came out on vice tv, but noisey finally uploaded all of American boyband which was Kevin’s show about his solo album and the making of saturation 1 on their YouTube.

Omni likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I watched it as it aired and I loved it, such a great look into super early BH. Highly recommend it

I've watched the All-American Trash documentary multiple times too, it's when Kevin only had one solo tape out and they all lived together in an APARTMENT, not even a house yet

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I Been Born Again has grown on me in a big way

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

:teethsmile:

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ruh ro

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter