Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brockhampton - GINGER (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 1, 2019.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

SAT 1 is so clearly the weakest of that trilogy for me

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Sat 1 has so many great songs. Honestly the trilogy are all pretty similar in quality for me.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

tbh I can see them not liking iridescence as much because of the whole background of it

waking season and Justin Roux like this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I figured it was because all the backlash, and drama over a certain member

6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’m sure there’s prolly some negative memories around the creation of that album. Sucks that it’s turned out to be “that” album cause I also think it’s easily their best.

7. SpyKi

The run from Weight to Tonya is so good.

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

iridescence is far and away my favorite

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Iridescence
    Saturation 2
    Saturation 1
    ginger
    Saturation 3

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Iridescence
    Sat 2
    Sat 3
    Sat 1
    Ginger

SpyKi likes this.
  11. SpyKi

At least this thread has good taste.

12. CobraKidJon

I was looking through Sat 3 yesterday and I was just like dang not many songs on here I can go back to besides maybe like 3 songs.

13. Iridesence
    Ginger
    Sat 3
    Sat 2
    Sat 1

The Saturation trilogy might have higher highs, but I still think GINGER feels like a more complete, cohesive collection of tracks

14. SpyKi

Damn man, Boogie, Bleach, Hottie, Johnny and Sister/Nation are all top tier.

15. Yeah it's def the best Saturation album with the least filler imo

waking season and SpyKi like this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve always thought Bleach was just an ok song. I like it but there are a ton of other Brockhampton songs I prefer.

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is my ranking exactly. I like a good portion of the Saturation trilogy more than Ginger but I never listen to any of them front to back like I do with Iridescence and Ginger. You could make a great 15 track album from the Saturation trilogy.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. SpyKi

Bleach is maybe top 10 of theirs for me. Ginger is easily their least consistent for me, I really love about half of it and I'm not really into the other half.

19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

This is mine currently

Sat 3
    Sat 2
    Iridescence
    Ginger
    Sat 1

All of their albums are v good though

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This band just has so much more potential without Ameer. Imagine ginger with that same goddamn verse on every song

21. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

iridescence
    Sat 3
    Sat 2
    Ginger
    Sat 1

Saturation 1 has some great songs but honestly I NEVER wanna listen to it as a full album. 2 and 3 have a little better flow, 3 being the most consistent for me, but 1 feels like a chore to me sometimes.

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Iridescence
    Ginger

Sat trilogy (in whatever order)

Iridescence is imperfect and messy but it takes a lot of cool risks and has an endless amount of good hooks. Ginger may not have stand outs like the trilogy but it is much more cohesive and easier to come back to.

If I had to add kevin’s Albums they’d probably both fall between iridescence and ginger.

23. "BUT HE'S THEIR BEST RAPPER!!!!!!1!"

- some pitchfork dweeb

waking season likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

nothing will ever beat that transition from New Orleans into Thug Life.

25. CobraKidJon

also yeah I watched that GQ video and you could tell they were in a much happier state than the previous album cycle.

I do think that’s why I loved iridescence because of how raw and chaotic the sound was. plus the lyrics were very good. but if they still keep releasing quality music I won’t conplain at all.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.