Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brockhampton - GINGER (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 1, 2019.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I genuinely cannot get the beat from Boy Bye out of my head

Maybevictor and waking season like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

huge Brockhampton merch drop

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Is this true? I'm reading geinus right now which of course could be true or false:

“VICTOR ROBERTS” introduces a new vocal artist into the fray of BROCKHAMPTON, named Victor Roberts. This is the group and Victor’s first collaboration together.

On the track, he delves into troubled family history dealing with police and helping someone by bringing them into their household, but having that help betrayed when that someone gets into some bad dealings with crack cocaine.

Dom delved further into the details of his and Victor’s friendship in a tweet upon the release of the record, stating when they met and his happiness to give Victor a chance to voice his story on this track.

Victor responded to Dom, thanking him for allowing Victor the platform to tell his story, as well as saying BROCKHAMPTON “just birthed a whole ass rapper.”

Aaron Mook and Rowan5215 like this.
  4. CobraKidJon

how did bh bless me with sugar and peach and honey

god bless

Cameron, JRGComedy and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Roberts told his story on Ginger Radio last night, I didn't hear it but he also posted to reddit a bit to explain who he was. I honestly cannot find it now, but he's not the guy Ameer set up to be robbed, he's an old friend of Dom's and that crazy story in the song happened when he was 7

irthesteve likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'll start off by saying this is probably their second weakest project for me besides All American Trash, but that doesn't really mean anything because they've been super consistently good from the very beginning

-No Halo and Dearly Departed are instantly two of the best songs they've ever made. Dom's verse on the latter literally made my jaw drop
    - The singles are a LOT better in context with the album
    - This is definitely their most mature sounding work, it feels really "adult" for lack of a better word. This is good and bad, it gets a little boring at certain points imo, especially towards the end which is where the album loses me a bit. Not really into Big Boy or Victor Roberts at all
    - MVPs of this album are definitely Matt, Dom and Bearface

I actually think if the tracklist was rearranged it would be a little better, Iridescence was such a cohesive work and this one feels a lot more scattershot. Overall I'm still really happy with this album. Can't wait for the tour, and then later to see where they go after this (don't forget this is part two of their second trilogy)

ImAMetaphor, smowashere and JRGComedy like this.
  7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

PISS EM OFF PISS EM OFF

waking season likes this.
  8. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

While I miss the chaotic and desperate energy of Iridescence, this album feels more mature and it comes from a healthier place so I'm happy for them

9. ccsc918 Aug 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2019)
    ccsc918

existing

^^ kevin said he wants to tour the album so announcement soon?

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m really digging this band lately. Sugar is so good

JRGComedy likes this.

11. enough about Dominic Fike, why is Ryan Beatty not officially in Brockhampton? Lol

Contender likes this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

You're right, he kills it

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Ryan got the haircut to be in BH too

Aaron Mook and JRGComedy like this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol he can't be in the band because he was actually singing haha.

I love BH, but whenever they have to sing they have like an impossible amount of backing tracks

15. dallasc

Trusted

I can’t get over the hook on sugar, so good

16. CobraKidJon

I haven’t finished the album because I only listen to sugar

17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I was actually impressed at just how well they handled the multiple vocal parts when touring iridescence. Obviously lots of tracks, but a lot of groups like this would fall flat coordinating that many moving parts.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've only watched live clips, never have seen an actual show! Definitely a lot of moving parts haha.

19. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

Personally I was really impressed when I saw that Joba sings all of his parts live, even the subtle background vocals, and I don't think he uses that many backing tracks. Kevin tends to rely on them a bit more though.

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Joba gets points for doing J'ouvert live at all hahaha

marioeatworld likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ginger is a vibeeeee

Aaron Mook and Rowan5215 like this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

25. CobraKidJon

FRESNO FAM WE OUT HERE