Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brockhampton - GINGER (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 1, 2019.

1. ccsc918

existing

the title track is the best song on the album, can't believe how good it is. Ginger, Dearly Departed, Big Boy are the best non singles imo

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

don't really fuck with "Big Boy", Joba is great but that hook is real bad. "Ginger", "Sugar" and "No Halo" are top tier BH for sure. "Love Me For Life" is real good too

waking season likes this.
  3. Fuck, I'm on the road without my laptop so I gotta wait for it to hit Spotify in...*checks watch* 13 hours

4. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

A few listens in and I do really like this. Listening to the singles too much made this feel subpar at first but there's a lot to love. Immediate favorites are No Halo, Dearly Departed, Ginger, Love Me For Life, and Victor Roberts. St. Percy and Sugar are both pretty good too.

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Victor Roberts is apparently the guy that Ameer set up to get robbed

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Sugar is so fucking good

waking season and JRGComedy like this.
  7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Merlyn is so good on this album

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. Aaron Mook Aug 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 22, 2019)
    Here we go. That guitar beat on "No Halo" is so good. Matt sounds great on the hook, too. Not huge on the Joba verse though.

9. "St. Percy" is hard as hell, that transition into "If You Pray Right" is perfect

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This album is so wonderful

11. Instrumental on "Dearly Departed" is so good, wow

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

No Halo is so good, super early 2000s sounding with the guitar. Bearface sounds wonderful.

Rowan5215 and Blainer93 like this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

So happy I didn't listen to No Halo until right now. It's so good!

Stoked to have an HQ version of Sugar now haha

Rowan5215 and waking season like this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Is that the same bassline as Heat?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. This album embraces more of the boy band vibes than anything else they've done so far. And "Big Boy" goes!!

16. I'll have to revisit it once I finish the closer, I didn't even think about that.

This feels like a minimalist reaction to Iridesence's maximalism

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t listened to Heat in a while but my immediate thought was that it was that bassline but slowed down. Maybe I’m overtired but is the album version of If You Pray Right different than the single? This is definitely more restrained and less bombastic than iridescence. Only halfway through the album now and I’m already looking forward to hearing new things on future listens.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Woooow Dearly Departed

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. It's definitely along the same lines as "Heat," but I can't say for sure that it's the same. Also I think it's just the outro of "If You Pray Right" that's different

20. Rowan5215

album version of If You Pray Right has a completely different outro (the whole "better better" part), the video version had a snippet of another song which isn't on the album like Tyler does

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that Kev clip isn't on the album? I've had it stuck in my head for weeks

Aaron Mook and Rowan5215 like this.
  22. Rowan5215

unfortunately not, it's got a name tho ("HOOD STILL LOVE ME" according to the YouTube description). people are speculating it either shows up on the next boxset or a Kevin solo thing

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Not huge on the hook on Big Boy but I really like Joba’s verse

Rowan5215 likes this.
  24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

That was a really enjoyable first listen. Not quite as “holy shit” as iridescence but they obviously went for something different here. Seemed way quicker than 44 minutes. Tonya auto-played after the last track and it was actually a pretty nice transition.

Aaron Mook, Rowan5215 and JRGComedy like this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah on first listen I pretty immediately wish there was more Merlyn and Bearface, but everyone else gets a ton of stuff in.

Matt kills it on Dearly Departed! The title track is soooo good.

Some of these hooks I wish were repeated more. But Iridescence was my first BH album and how I fell in love with them, so I understand if they don't ever go for that vibe again haha