Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brittany Howard - Jaime (September 20,2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 25, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

1. History Repeats
    2. He Loves Me
    3. Georgia
    4. Stay High
    5. Tomorrow
    6. Short and Sweet
    7. 13th Century Metal
    8. Baby
    9. Goat Head
    10. Presence
    11. Run To Me

2. jdr2187 Jun 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2019)
    jdr2187

jdr2187

Unfortunately I didn’t think that song was very good.

3. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yeah, love Brittany but that song isn't up my alley at all. Will obv give the full thing a listen though.

4. oh this is far weirder than i expected. this is really cool imo

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This song is so cool. Starting to wonder if Alabama Shakes is ever going to come back (maybe 2020?) but this should be a good hold over. Really curious how the rest will sound, especially as far as Brittany’s vocals go (will she have songs where she really belts like with AS, or is she purposely keeping this one more reserved). Excited to find out and to catch her show in the fall

6. yeah I listened to this like four times last night, really feeling it to be honest

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Terry!

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

not really feelin either of these songs too much unfortunately

10. bodkins

Trusted

Stay High is so great. Really excited for this record.

11. stay high is awesome and the video is so cute

bodkins likes this.
  12. irthesteve

Serenity Now likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m loving all these songs so far. Enjoy how varied they’ve been. Definitely one of the albums I’m looking forward to the most right now.

14. bodkins

Trusted

God she is so good.

15. bodkins

Trusted

And Nate is grooving the fuck out of this record

16. bodkins

Trusted

I really wouldn’t have expected it, but this is my most anticipated right now. I’ve been playing the hell out of these songs. Can’t get here soon enough.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm seeing her the night the album releases so I will be listening to it alllll day long to get some familiarity with the songs. I'm glad I'll have a chance to hear it before the shows, even though I will mostly just be in awe of her voice regardless of what she is singing

Serenity Now and bodkins like this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

Really jealous. Her live band is unreal. Those sessions they keep doing are mindblowingly good.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure I've seen/heard these. Where could one find them?

20. bodkins

Trusted

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What the hell that Stay High performance is giving me chills. How is it possible to sing that good? (The whole band sounds great too, this definitely has me even more pumped for the show.)

bodkins likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

13th Century Metal is so good. Gives me chills. I love how out there it is. I can't wait to hear the whole thing, it's so interesting how much variety there has been on this. So far it definitely seems like it'll be a standout this year.

bodkins likes this.
  23. irthesteve

I dunno what it is, but the full album listen is much better than the lead singles led me to believe. This is waaay more experimental than expected and I totally see now why it's solo and not Alabama Shakes. A lot going on here, so more listens it'll sink it, but I am plesantly surprised

24. radiodead

Trusted

I like this far better than her stuff with the Alabama Shakes. Bending genres big time.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think History Repeats was great but just a little confusing and didn’t seem like such a far cry from AS, then Stay High and He Loves Me are the most AS like songs on here, and while both are great it did just kind of feel like.. well why go solo. But I got real hyped once I heard 13th Century Metal and the whole album has for sure exceeded my expectations (which were already high). She’s the kind of artist I’m grateful to be alive the same time as.

irthesteve likes this.