Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Britney Spears - Glory [August 28th] Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrSwetz, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

The day after my birthday. :teethsmile:

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg I hate exclusives. sorry brit I'm not waiting for it to be on another platform!

3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I like the picture.

4. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Not a fan of the album cover but I'm hoping we get a good album! Still enjoying Make me...

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Kiana

Private Show utilizes her deeper voice a bit but also has some of the babiest vocals I've ever heard from her lol it's a bit grating at parts. With these two songs it already sounds like she's having more fun and showing more personality tho which I love. Britney Jean was so phoned in. Seems like she's more into this era so far

MrSwetz likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

I can't behind Private Show. It's fun, but her baby voice is awful.

8. is that what you call that? yikes. it sounds horrid! haha. the song would have been pretty cool if she hadn't sung it all like that.

9. Kiana

Yeah her baby voice there is so squeaky. Did they pitch her super high or something? I feel like human voices can't really do that

10. it sounds like that's what they did, yeah.

Kiana likes this.
  11. Kiana

Ha I know nothing about production but I was like omg that's not human!

12. the whole time i was thinking, "welp! she's DEFINITELY lip syncing this one live..." haha

13. Kiana

I say that about every song she's released in her career lmao

Idk why they did that tho. I hope by some miracle they fix it for the actual album but I doubt they will. Pretty much everyone seems to be complaining about it. It just pierces unpleasantly lol

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Private Show is... very bad.

15. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

I will say this, I absolutely agree with Kiana. Britney Jean was so boring, at least there is something different here. You can tell she's exploring, something we haven't seen since Blackout probably.

Kiana likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. Kiana

Is this a GImme More/Perfume situation where they scrapped all the original idea? Cause previous clips showed like dancers and different outfits?

Her all lace black outfit in the hallway was super cute but I'm choosing to believe that this is some sort of footage for Crossroads 2: Cross Harder to make it worth my time cause otherwise!!!

18. twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

Yep.

19. Kiana Aug 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2016)
    Kiana

Her team hates me. Or her. idk who is responsible for these things!!

edit: if rumors about her being uncomfortable with the original video are true then I'm glad they scrapped it but I wish it was scrapped for something more interesting. She does look great tho!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. twentyone Aug 5, 2016
    twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

This whole video release has been a mess. After the LQ clips of the original leaked (90 seconds of which can now be watched) and we got nothing shortly after the song was released rumors started floating around about it being re-shot. They included her not being comfortable with some of the scenes they shot (could definitely do without the G-Eazy 'sex' scene) and that she and David LaChapelle were really butting heads. There was the video of her calling him an asshole on set and now even more has popped up about how he shot the album cover and the booklet inserts but has since removed his name from the video and all involvement in the project which is probably why we got a cover that's a screenshot from this.

21. twentyone Aug 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2016)
    twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

Well, she looks absolutely incredible.

22. Kiana

I remember those rumors but were hoping they were untrue. tbh I feel like nobody knows what to do with her. She's made it clear that she's not comfortable with the super sexed up image and dancing anymore but I don't think her team knows how else to market her. I think she talked about having to cut scenes out of Work Bitch too cause she was uncomfortable.

She's so good at the slow jam choreo that I was hoping to see some of that in the video, and not just her in a hallway shaking her butt lol. Bummer!

23. twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

She told Ryan Seacrest that 'Glory' is "probably the most hip-hop album" that she's done.

"It took a lot of time, but I think we brought it to a level where I was really, really happy with what I had," she told On Air with Ryan Seacrest over the phone on Friday. "It's cool, it's really different. I think this is probably the most hip-hop album. Not most, there are like two or three songs that go in the direction of more urban that I've wanted to do for a long time now, and I just haven't really done that."

24. Kiana

The songs are like... really cool. It's very urban. It's just really, really cool <-- Britney describing every album she's done since ITZ lol

25. Kiana Aug 5, 2016
    Kiana

Dear God at least she spared us from a weird close up uncomfortable sex scene with G-Eazy. I now realize she has done us a public service and I will get over the loss.