Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Britney Spears - Glory [August 28th] Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrSwetz, Apr 11, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I would buy that perfume and perfume gives me a headache

AelNire likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

go call the police go call the guvanah

AelNire, ryan.conde and Kiana like this.
  3. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Just listened to it and I love it! Could obviously do without G-Eazy but whatevs

Katy also just released a mid-tempo song but it's not as good imo

4. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Why do her handlers keep making her duet with terrible white rappers?

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like it! The feature is unnecessary. I think the early S Gomez comparisons after the short clip was released are off. Didn't get those vibes. It did remind me of another song at parts but I can't think of what it is. Either way, it's already a major improvement from the last disastrous era.

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this is miles better than anything from Britney Jean. This might be the most controversial thing to say on a Britney thread but I would really like to see her abandon the baby voice. I think it could provide some positive growth for her as a vocalist, even though it's kind of iconic for her. Vocal technique isn't really what anyone expects from Britney, so I think it'd benefit her in general too.

8. Kiana

I don't disagree. It's a bummer cause she had a decent voice to start with before the baby voice. She was never gonna be a Whitney or Mariah but she had some raw talent that could've been polished up. idk if I'd want her to abandon her voice completely since I'm so used to it, but I'd love her to use her real voice more in songs and play with it. Clearly she's not opposed since she did it in Let Go!

9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Exactly. I think she could make a good balance in between by saving the baby voice for upbeat songs and the early stuff, and then try something less squeaky for slower stuff.

Kiana likes this.
  10. Kiana

I agree! I feel like her voice is so squeaky lately. Her vocals throughout most of BJ were bad and the squeaky vocals on the snippet of Private Show are a lil much. It needs to be reigned in a bit. She didn't use the baby voice as much on Perfume and I thought it worked.

11. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

This is really good, though the feature definitely takes away from the song. Also, I totally agree about the baby voice. Listening to this, I really felt like it would have been a much better song had she been creative with the vocals. As she ages, that baby voice becomes less effective.

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

13. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Listening to it like

[​IMG]

iCarly Rae Jepsen and AelNire like this.
  14. Her best single in a little while, but not amazing by a long shot.

Unrelated: Katy's song was really bad.

15. twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

I love it. Very ITZ-like.

16. Kiana

Make Me has really grown on me. I liked it initially but it has so much replay value for me. It's not a huge banger but its so pleasant and chill i can listen to it over and over

Also I've just accepted that she dgaf about promo. I think she's fine with being a pop icon and releasing stuff once in a while but isn't really concerned about her career. I mean good for her if she's content with that but sis needs to give me a music video

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I wonder if she feels pressure with her music videos since she's had some of the most iconic videos of all time

Kiana likes this.
  18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I wonder how G Eazy got featured on Make Me?

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Probably her label, there seems to be a real push to have rap features on pop songs and I'm not quite sure why , for example Problem, Good For You, Pretty Girls, Work From Home

AelNire likes this.
  20. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I've noticed it too and was mainly thinking of Iggy and Brit's song which always seemed weird to me too.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

we're getting some sort of announcement on Jimmy Kimmel next week, looks like it will be Friday

22. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

It's FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. Pleeeeeeeeease be decent!

25. twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

Yeeessss!