Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Britney Spears - Glory [August 28th] Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrSwetz, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

As a local I have to say definitely check out Downtown LV instead of sticking mostly to the Strip while you're here, it has a completely different vibe

Kiana likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This old video of her singing before she adopted the baby voice was released and it's just so wrong to see her holding a mic and singing instead of dancing lol. It's like aposematism but instead of bright colors warning me that something is poisonous it's Britney singing into a mic swaying back and forth

3. TheFeels

Regular

1. The baby voice is totally there
    2. This isn't that impressive at all
    3. I still love her, though.

4. Kiana

1. it showed through sometimes but she was def singing in her natural deeper voice
    2. of course not she was never a great singer and she hadn't even released her debut yet
    3. I hope so!

5. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Watching her sing was so uncomfortable...she looks so awkward. So not used to her holding a mic and not wearing one around her head. The baby voice seems like mostly backing tracks.

Also, Baby One More Time will always be my jam, how can you not love it?

6. Kiana

I don't think she was used to performing as a popstar at all. I know she'd done Mickey Mouse club and stuff but her debut album hadn't even come out yet and she was super green. Confirms that I'm glad they went with the headset and dancing tho cause she killed at that. It's weird seeing her not in her element.

Also relevant to this album David LaChapelle is directing her new music video

7. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Do you know the status of her album at this point? There was rumor (back when I made this thread) that we'd see an ALBUM by the end of May, and we've yet to see a single :(

8. Kiana

Not sure of album status. I keep hearing June or July for new single feat G-Eazy and they're filming the video now. The only thing I've heard her say about the album is that she's been working on it for a while and it's going to be "melodic and chill"

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

New rumor is we'll get a song tomorrow. I'm not hopeful, but she's missing the summer boat and that's a bummer.

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Instead we got disappointment.

12. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

13. Kiana

If the songs really are chill as she described maybe it's not a summer song anyway. Altho the clips of the dancers made it seem like it was. Idk after britney Jean and pretty girls sis can take her time lol

14. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

The video for Make Me Ooh is out there circling around. Perez Hilton (ugh) has it and played a 3 second clip of it and said it's very reminiscent of Selena Gomez's current sound with bits and pieces of Justin Bieber's Sorry-esque production. Which people where already thinking since Brits been working with Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels

Wouldn't be surprised if it fully leaked tonight or even within the next hour tbh

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. Kiana

I don't want brit to sound like Selena or justin I feel old

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  16. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Also said it's a hit but also said (and I agree with this) she's gonna need to do proper promo to ensure it does well

17. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

18. Kiana Jul 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2016)
    Kiana

As soon as she said it was melodic and chill I hoped we'd get some ITZ esque stuff like touch of my hand or breathe on me or even some circus era Unusual You. She does that subgenre well typically.

19. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

What a freaking tease. I want it now.

I'm hoping those comparisons are just that, and it's a little more on her own path. She does well when she's trying something new and making some waves.. the island-pop stuff is overdone in my opinion.

20. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Preview of Private Show

LQ of Make Me

21. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

22. Kiana

The way she sings private show is very squeaky.

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I was JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS! she has never looked better.

Kiana likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Um have you seen the Stronger video

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yes. Throw that chair routine into the perfume ad and it would be perfect.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.