Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Britney Spears - Glory [August 28th] Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrSwetz, Apr 11, 2016.

1. now i'm dizzy!

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I'm not seeing the embeds but let's keep in mind that her father included her social media presence as part of his job in court docs yesterday

Also worth noting some financially questionable news from her court case was released around the same time as that IG post.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Big news! She's finally gonna get to speak!

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She's speaking today publicly on the conservatorship!

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, some powerful stuff she said there. Hope it all ends up well for her, but I’m doubtful based on how her father and the people around her treat her.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  9. I've been struggling to follow the live updates as tweets keep getting pulled left and right but I'm so fucking gutted by this hearing. It's even worse than I ever imagined... I have no words. I'm so proud of Britney for unleashing her truth and firing back at her family and everyone that has been profiting off her for so long, after being pressured to hold back until now. From the old doctors, judges and anyone that gaslit her all these years and prevented her from leaving such an abusive situation, they're all complicit and I hope they get what they deserve.

10. Crisp X Jun 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2021)

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. Here's the full transcript

skogsraet likes this.
  12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

None of this is surprising to me as a fan but it is especially heartbreaking to hear her confirm the details of her abuse in her own words.

13. Damn… I hope her dad fucks right off and she sues the shit out of him, to say the least.

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tbh she shouldn't even have to say anything else except what she said about the fact that if she is well enough to make her own money and support so many others financially, that she should be well enough to have all her rights. And the fact that those petitioning for the conservatorship continue to benefit so much from it financially. She shouldn't even have to say any more than that (unless she wants to). Idk how it can be argued any other way. Her dad had so much good will for so long before this because she got "better" after he took over aka cause she made lots of ppl money again with hit songs and tours. She's been talking about feeling lonely for so long. She talked about feeling lonely and not heard while crying on camera during For the Record and that was years ago and nothing has changed. I hope she's able to heal and find support

ECV, skogsraet and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. Kiana

Also she's right - her rehearsal footage is always great and then on stage she's totally different, which makes sense and lends credence to her being scared of people and needing a break

skogsraet likes this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This whole ordeal really just exemplifies how much pop stars who started out younger have been exploited in the industry by so many figures and it’s super depressing.

Zilla and Crisp X like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Honestly have a hard time keeping up because 95% of that family is named Jamie so I’m not sure if she’s complicit at all but “failed actress and Kids Choice Award winner” is one hell of a way to start a tweet

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

And her mom is named Lynne lol , but from what I can gather none of her family is can explicitly supporting her in ending the conservatorship because they all benefit, but all my info is Stan twitter

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Does literally anyone surrounding Britney have her best interests in mind?

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Her boyfriend has been very vocal and seems to love her

beachdude, Crisp X, ItsAndrew and 2 others like this.
  23. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

One of my fave quotes from his Instagram re: the conservatorship "Jamie is a total dick [...] I've always respected our privacy but at the same time I didn't come to this country to not be able to express my opinion and freedom."

Especially interesting considering the recent reports from one of Britney's exes that Jamie actively uses the conservatorship to undermine and emasculate her partners.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. Kiana

Omg :verysad: