Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon / Underoath / Beartooth Tour • Page 17

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Something was off with Underoath's sound. Volume was way too low, I could barely hear Spencer, and I had no problem talking to my buddy in the show without even having to yell.

2. Chuck!

Regular

Yea, that certainly didn't help either

3. xthisislove

Regular

Bring me could have sound restrictions for openers

4. Chuck!

Regular

Maybe. I thought Beartooth sounded better though

5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

If they did then it wasn't noticeable at my date, at least where I was standing.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I've never heard of that before. I know that there's "stage restrictions" for openers (meaning they can't leave a certain spot on stage) but I wonder how a sound restriction could work out and not piss anyone off.

7. redwing91007

It's usually a volume thing, more common than you'd think.

xthisislove likes this.
  8. monrovian

I felt the same about BMTH. They definitely could have upped the vocals and been better off. I could talk to a friend perfectly in between songs and thought I was going nuts when I could barely hear Oli most times.

9. Behind the Barricade

Interesting. I've seen over 900 bands/artists live and I never noticed a distinct difference in volume between two bands on the same show.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  10. redwing91007

I notice it ALL the time at arena shows. Club shows aren't really ever an issue.

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I'm more inclined to bet the sound department at Liacouras Center is not well-equipped for shows. Problem is Philly doesn't have a great venue in between 3000-cap rooms and the real arenas. In the summer you've got the Skyline Stage at the Mann and Festival Pier, but come Winter there's no good middle ground.

12. Behind the Barricade

Makes sense. I usually go to club shows and not too many arena shows. I think the only thing I noticed in arena shows are the drums sounding too hollow.

redwing91007 likes this.
  13. monrovian

I could see that. Same issue when we saw SWS/ATL there last year. SWS vocals were very low but ATL sounded about normal so a bit strange.

14. xthisislove

Regular

That's part of their contract! If you're playing venues the sizes they are they want to sound the biggest they can which is what that does. Usually it's just outdoor amphitheaters, arenas and other larger venues

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

deadwrong likes this.
  16. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah, sound restrictions are definitely a contract issue. Wouldn't surprise me if BMTH had one put in place for their openers.

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

That's just how they mix SWS since Kellin is a terrible singer.

MarkJ801 and xthisislove like this.