Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me the Horizon to Release Back Catalog on Limited-Edition Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bring Me the Horizon are bringing their back catalog to a limited edition vinyl run. The albums will be released on December 16th but pre-orders are up now. Full press release is below.

Today, British metal/rock band Bring Me The Horizon announce the upcoming vinyl releases of their debut EP and first four albums. Available on December 16, the limited-edition vinyl releases will include their 2004 EP This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For, their 2006 full-length debut Count Your Blessings, 2008’s Suicide Season, 2010’s There Is a Hell, Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret, and 2013’s Sempiternal.
    This marks the first time that the Sheffield-bred band’s first four releases will appear on vinyl in the U.S.

Bring Me The Horizon’s limited-edition vinyl releases will include several color variants. This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For, Count Your Blessings, Suicide Season, and There Is a Hell… will each be available in black and translucent orange vinyl (a Canada-only exclusive), while Sempiternal will be available in opaque yellow (a Newbury Comics exclusive) and translucent orange vinyl (also Canada-only). All releases will be available in metallic gold to commemorate Sempiternal being certified gold by the RIAA.

In addition, Suicide Season will be available in white-and-red-swirl vinyl and There Is a Hell… will be available in white-and-black-swirl vinyl, both as Hot Topic exclusives.

Formed in 2004, Bring Me The Horizon made their international breakthrough with There Is a Hell… Along with drawing major critical acclaim, the 2010 album found the band expanding into a vastly more eclectic sound and broadening their fanbase around the world.

Bring Me The Horizon’s last album with Epitaph, the highly lauded Sempiternal charted at #1, #3, and #11 in Australia, the UK, and the U.S., respectively, in addition to earning the Album of the Year prize at the 2014 Alternative Press Awards. That same year, Bring Me The Horizon were named Best Live Band at the Kerrang! Awards. Their live experience includes numerous international tours, as well as show-stealing gigs everywhere from the Vans Warped Tour to the Reading and Leeds Festivals.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Might have to get that metallic gold variant of Sempiternal.

3. defmytones

Regular

Dont know how I feel about this. Considering they play EXTREMELY little from anything pre Sempiternal live, its hard to justify this purchase personally. If you're going to celebrate your discography, do it at your shows too.

4. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Maybe if the pressings sell well, the band will take it as an indication that their current fanbase is actually interested in the old material and will consequently be more inclined to play stuff from their back catalog live.

beachdude42 and coleslawed like this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

To each their own, but I don't see how whether a band plays the songs live has any bearing on whether a vinyl is worth a purchase or how it lessens your enjoyment of the recorded music. If a band breaks up, do you stop listening to their music then.

6. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i feel like i've seen a few of these records (the first three, for sure) on vinyl before.

they were definitely more expensive than this, though, so maybe they were imports.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Kinda want the first two covers just as a piece of artwork, quite nice to look at

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Where are the Canada only ones?

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Would like There Is A Hell & Sempiternal for sure. Basically the only releases of theirs that I think are solid all the way through, although Suicide Season is pretty good too.

10. RigoSoFar

Not a big fan at all of their first album, got into them around the time the second album had come out. I'd totally love to get this since Suicide Season to Sempiternal are such great albums IMHO

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The first two tracks on Suicide Season are good enough to make that album worthy of owning. I think There Is a Hell is their best though it gets a little dry at points.

ConArdist likes this.
  12. Hard pass.

ConArdist likes this.
  13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I have spent WAY too much money on this band, but dammit I love them. Been die-hard since 2007, since I was a scenester extraordinaire. Still love them, might have to get this. And uh, Live at RAH is fucking unbelievable.

js977 likes this.
  14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Such an interesting album, TIAH is such a...complex album. Chelsea Smile(maybe Empire)will always be my favorite song from them. I will never forget the day it was released, played it 100 times that night and KNEW this band was gonna be big. That vox repeater glitch(courtesy of Sonny Moore)they do w/ Oli screaming "know" at the beginning sealed the deal for me. :eh:

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The community college radio station I listened to in early high school would preview Epitaph albums before they came out. They premiered Chelsea Smile one weekend and The Comedown the next. How it could be so heavy (I didn't listen to any metal at the time) yet stupid catchy blew my mind. The day it came out, I remember getting it off purevolume and jamming for forever.

But yeah, on TIAH, another record whose release I remember very fondly. Crucify Me, It Never Ends, Fuck, Blessed With a Curse, the Scogin one.... amazing stuff. Never got a physical copy of it so I never got super familiar with it though.

ConArdist likes this.
  16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

You echo exactly how I felt! I was already into Underoath and Norma Jean, but Suicide Season was meant to kick ass and take names. Also, forgot how catchy "The Sadness Never Ends" is. I love all their stuff, but SS just set off a new wave of heavy bands(similar to Relationship of Command and They're Only Chasing Safety). Pick up a copy of TIAH if you find one, very cool album art.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Does anyone know the pressing info for these?

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hell yeah, listened to SS this morning, that's definitely a highlight of the back half