Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - Post Human: Survival Horror Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by fredwordsmith, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

2. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

You can't say you agree with me, then go on on this 'we dont know enough' thing. I am saying that in situations where we dont know enough, its better to not support the artist then risk giving a platform to abusers.

Also, the Johnny Depp comparison is baaaaaad. From what I know, there is nothing saying Depp wasnt also abusive, other than the horde of fans that never believed it in the first place.

3. Gianni

Trusted

"Tolerance", everyone.

Ellamamama and AsfAstAswegofar like this.
  4. AsfAstAswegofar Nov 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2020)
    AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Fair enough but change depp to Sykes and his ex and there it lies the crux of my argument. She said it was a mutually abusive relationship according to those “websites”

5. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I mean this in the friendliest way possible: if you don’t like my take then move along with your day. Continue to assert moral superiority on the internet somewhere else

Gianni28 likes this.
  6. Anthony_

zero tolerance for abusers and abuser apologists, never pretended otherwise

Abuser: *manages to not abuse people for a bit*
    Apologists on Chorus: "People can change! Lo, is there truly no hope for forgiveness in this broken world of ours?"

theagentcoma and Carrow like this.
  7. Anthony_

Guys I've spent 30 years on planet Earth not abusing people, where is my unending praise and unquestioning support.

GrantCloud and theagentcoma like this.
  8. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

-He got sober, have you ever got sober? Do you know the work on yourself that it takes to truly become free of an addiction? Do you know how you are expected to give back in order to keep yourself clean? Did you know he donates to BLM and LGBTQ Black youth, how he donated money to buy school uniforms for Costa Ricans? Started a fundraiser for a pediatric ICU, donated thousands to various animal charities, publicly encourage people to get sober and apologized for all the shit he did? Did you know that he held back on releasing the song Parasite Eve, because he thought it might be ill timed due to COVID? Did you know that he constantly denounces Trump, White Supremicy, and racist/homophobic organizations?

Or do you just jump to conclusions and negate all that because of something on a wordpress site from 7 years ago.

I'm not doing your research for you, it's easy to do. Google it.

9. Anthony_

Happy that he got sober and donates money to good causes but, uh, literally none of that relates to repenting for the abuse he perpetrated in the past. Also nobody here has been able to actually produce a shred of evidence that he has apologized specifically to the women he's harmed, nor any evidence that those women have accepted his apology and forgiven him.

Stop going to bat for unrepentant famous abusers. I promise you Sykes doesn't love you and he won't see your blind stanning ever. You truly don't have to live your life this way.

theagentcoma and Carrow like this.
  10. Anthony_

Have to say, the vice-signaling in this thread is out of control! Lots of people proudly asserting their moral inferiority.

Carrow and theagentcoma like this.
  11. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Don't talk down to me. You don't know me either. You don't know the abuse that has occured in my circle to the people I love. You don't know the population I work with. I promise that God isn't looking down on your posts on a message board and thinking he's morally superior. Your just a dude accusing someone on the internet. I'm not going to bat for anyone, just sharing there is proof of change which you asked for. Whatever dude, you keep doing your thing. I'm done with this pissing contest. I know where my heart is, I know the good I do. I don't need validation from people on the internet.

Peace.

Ellamamama and Gianni28 like this.
  12. Anthony_

That you think me and others raising these issues related to real accountability amount to a "pissing contents" speak volumes.

And you're right, I don't know anything about you, other than that you're going to bat for an abuser. I mean, what else is there to know?

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Lol god you are unbearable.

Anyway, Kingslayer is not conventionally what I would say my taste is, but goddamn it is great.

14. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I know your kind. You hide behind a keyboard and virtue signal to look woke, your profile is literally hidden. You're full of it. You know it. You know I'm not going to bat for anyone. Your first sentence makes no sense. Good for you for "raising these issues related to real accountability". I'll continue to actually do something about those issues, you keep playing God on the internet.

Mort Michaels and Gianni28 like this.
  15. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Virtue-Signaling***

Mort Michaels and Gianni28 like this.
  16. Anthony_

Where is my praise for not abusing people mort

17. Anthony_

Nah dude I’m talking about you. Vice-signaling. Projecting loudly how little you care about real accountability.

18. Anthony_

lmao you’re like the perfect satire of an apologist, I could swear you’re actually a parody account

19. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

lmao deflect deflect deflect. Anthony called me an apologist because I didn't agree with crucifying a guy without tangible evidence. I'm good with this conversation because I'm beginning to think it's you that's the parody account.And I'm talking about you, Virtue signaling. Projecting loudly how much you care about holding someone you don't know accountable based on an accusation from ZAPGOSSIP.COM and PRESSFORM.INFO from 4 years ago; while telling someone who does hold people accountable as their line of work that they are doing it wrong.

Also, couldn't help but notice the thor character avatar, a cast that includes Jeff Goldblum, who defended Woody Allen, a child molester. Just thought you should know.

Gianni28 likes this.
  20. AsfAstAswegofar likes this.
  21. Anthony_

22. Anthony_

I have to say, the vice-signaling keyboard crusaders on this site used to be way better at defending abusers.

23. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

LOL you funny. Good talk bro. Maybe later we can go through a list of celebrities and tweet about canceling them together. Instead of doing anything constructive. I see, accusations only count for people you don't like. I got it now.

You're a hypocrite, your argument is full of holes, and you're kind of a d bag. So in the nicest way possible, pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you made a difference and _______________<-insert something mean.

Gianni28 likes this.
  24. Anthony_

weren't you "done with this conversation" like five posts ago?

25. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

good point, ciao.