Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: NeX GEn (May 24, 2024) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by fredwordsmith, May 23, 2024.

1. Weird how much I agree with the points of this review, but just like it more than the author did. Die4u is probably the only song I actually dislike, but I love the over-the-top-ness of it all. I also don't think any other BMTH album besides Throne and amo are too long - can't imagine thinking that Sempiternal or There is a Hell... are too long. Especially Sempiternal, the bonus tracks there are required listening for me every time.

I do appreciate the author pointing out how similar some songs are to other artists, I missed that one my first run through (which was today). Just so much to take in at once.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i like eli's stuff

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i really dig kool-aid

mescalineeyes and Penlab like this.
  4. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

ha! I'm sure we'll find common ground on something.. or not. I generally enjoy this album though, and have found there's enough meat on the bones despite all the singles rolled out over the years that there's a lot to still digest. For whatever reason, A bullet w/ my name just didn't click yet.

It is what it is on Furiosa. Staying out of that thread. I have found enough opinion pieces / reviews online to know I'm not totally crazy / alone in my thoughts, and it is what it is at this point. I often change my opinion of art on re-watches / listens etc so until then I've said my bit.

SpyKi likes this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I dislike it but the solo is great

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

You can't help how you feel! Haha.

It's just always funny how different people can be. I've seen many people say n/A and Limo are the best songs on this album and those are easily my bottom two. Bullet and Top 10 Statues are about as good as this band gets for me.

ChampsMusic and fredwordsmith like this.
  7. T E A L

Regular

That’s kind of the best thing about this album, everyone seems to have different standout songs. I love Lost, Youtopia, and Limousine. One of my buddies adores n/a, Dig It, and Die4U. It’s kinda wild.

ChampsMusic and SpyKi like this.
  8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Favorite song today is n/a.

The breakdown *rules.* It’s absolutely heavy sludge riffing, but there’s still a really good (basically hummable) melody in there.

Contrast that to the muddled mess of the new ADTR single and it’s like comparing apples to a fruit no one’s ever heard of.

9. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

in this case, may as well include the new eminem song as well.

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

IMG_6585.jpeg

sophos34, BigMouth, T E A L and 9 others like this.
  11. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Wild video.

disambigujason likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I was blasting this album in the car earlier and it definitely hits hard going down the motorway.

Overtime this could become my favourite album from them.

14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

There are multiple songs for every mood/sound these guys have ever tried to pull off (beyond extreme metal/hardcore) on this record. It almost functions like a greatest hits record in that way.

15. almightykingdom

post RADICAL

16. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

Side A of this thing is just straight up banger after banger

17. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Is it just me or do parts of Lost sound a lot like the song America Underwater by Lovehatehero?

18. Holy shit I forgot about that song, it's incredible. I think you're right but I'd need to go back and listen to it.

19. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

I love both songs but imo these parts sound very similar:

Lovehatehero:

It's all over now and again and maybe after
    I can just skip straight through the second chapter
    Wake up with my whole life around me
    Bring twice is falling to pieces

bmth:

Oh, maybe I don't belong on this planet
    Red crescent moons all over my hands
    It's too much to take, I can't understand it
    Someone, tell me

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

There’s like 5-6+ moments on this album that very starkly remind me of other rock records, whether borrowed melodies, transitions, etc. Breaking Benjamin, LP, etc

21. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I feel like those moments are nods to those bands. They are pretty distinguishable for sure. I feel like this album is a collection of different styles related to the main genre. It’s all over the place in a good way

22. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

YOUtopia is a better song than I thought this band could write.

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Never been into this band but digging quite a few songs. Really hate the Chipmunk voice shit, though.

sophos34 likes this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Obsessed with this song.

25. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Also, liMOusine is definitely a Brand New/Basement/etc rip-off, right?