Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: NeX GEn (May 24, 2024) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by fredwordsmith, May 23, 2024.

1. Bring Me The Horizon: “The way we’re doing stuff now, it… | Kerrang!

This interview covers a lot but this bit regarding the creative process stood out

Really makes me wonder how different the album would've been had it been finished for the initial release date or pre-Jordan's departure.

morken, T E A L and SpyKi like this.
  2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

If Top 10 Statues, Limousine, Bullet and N/A are all indicative of the band fully having their own voices heard again, then I can safely say this fucking rules.

T E A L likes this.
  3. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Top 10 Statues has been a rumored song title for a long time now, although I suppose it's possible it was started with Fish and finished without him.

4. sleon.518

idk man

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh duh yea, you've covered most bases then yea lol

6. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

7. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

no, he's a piece of piss.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

don’t think anyone on this website is under the illusion oli is a good guy lol

9. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Craig from redhook

10. navidson

Regular

Just not 'bad' enough to be disregarded by the community like a Ryan Adams or an Evan Stephens Hall though I guess

I suppose it's harder to be furiously indignant with supposed scumbags when you actually like the band they're associated with

11. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

Yeah because nobody on here liked those bands or even BN. You caught everyone

12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

New favorite little bit:

In the last full chorus of RIP before the whoa oh’s, the “you and me are done” has some STANK on it.

His vocals have gotten so much over the last decade plus. Glad he gave Fish the proper credit for teaching him how to sing, because it’s pretty clear he’s got an ear for a memorable melody.

13. SamLevi11

Prestigious Prestigious

I like this more on every listen. Some absolutely massive choruses on tracks like Top 10 Statues, n/A, LosT, and sTrAnGeRs.

T E A L likes this.
  14. sophos34 May 31, 2024
    (Last edited: May 31, 2024)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m on record as saying idgaf about listening to problematic people lmfao let it rip baby I literally don’t fucking care and think people who do care about what others listen to are mostly losers

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

like you’re getting mad at the completely wrong people none of us listening to BMTH give a fuck if anyone listens to pinegrove

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I still listen to brand new constantly lol he sure got me

digitalsea likes this.
  17. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I certainly don’t disagree that everyone should pick who they want to listen to, regardless of context, but I certainly wouldn’t call someone a “loser” for, let’s say, not wanting to listen to lostprophets. The loser phrasing seems a bit mean spirited, but I agree in principle with the idea of being able to still enjoy music by bad people, or, at the same time, having your own boundaries.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  18. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

There's some good and some mixed stuff on here but nothing that I'd say that I dislike. The weakest track to me is the UO feature.

They do go overboard with the effects and sampling though... Top 10 Statues is borderline goofy with some of the synth / drum stuff going on towards the end.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Not what I said. People who care about what other people listen to are losers. Not listening to something because you’re uncomfortable is fine. Getting mad other people are listening is loser behavior. I used to do it and I was a loser for it.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I could write a whole bunch of paragraphs on my thoughts on the topic because it’s obviously more nuanced but I have swung really far in the other direction when it comes to this stuff and maybe it’s a result of getting older and jaded and realizing nothing changes if I choose not to listen to someone problematic and getting mad at people who do listen to problematic people is a complete waste of time that does nothing aside from making people who didn’t do anything wrong feel bad about themselves . It used to make me feel good to bully people about it because I was insecure and miserable and severely mentally ill so yeah loser is a bit much that’s mostly the self loathing from the fact I used to be embarrassingly militant about that kind of stuff and I cringe thinking about it now. I’m all for making it known these are bad dudes who have done bad things but I’m not under any illusions that the people who make the art I consume are good or bad people, and I don’t need the art I consume to be made by people who are good and righteous in my eyes. Apologies for inflammatory language.

21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I didn't think the language was that inflammatory to be fair, was clear dude was trying to be a dick.

World of difference between Navidson's last post and someone earlier posting a reminder tweet of Oli's behavior

sophos34 likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

To be fair the post he quoted doesn’t say people who care about what others listen to are losers, it just says people who do care are losers, so there must have been an edit in there. Either way, I agree with what you’re saying. People should make their own choices and not concern themselves with what other people listen to on their own time

sophos34 likes this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i edited it to clarify

333 GANG likes this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

sophos34 likes this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Between this and your Furiosa thoughts we could not be more opposed on the opinion scale.

SamLevi11 and sophos34 like this.