Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: NeX GEn (May 24, 2024) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by fredwordsmith, May 23, 2024.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah this is my thought, they both sound like Deftones wannabes. I'm not sure why BMTH would copy someone else's song, especially when it's not even that good or interesting.

sophos34 likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think my favorite BMTH album is still That’s The Spirit

That album hits

fredwordsmith likes this.
  3. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

I only liked a few songs off Count Your Blessings, but every album since has hit for me. Suicide Season is probably the roughest to go back now, but they really haven’t released an album I don’t enjoy in some way or another.

SpyKi likes this.
  4. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

My thought about listening to roughly half this album so far is that the band is absolutely in their anime opening theme phase, and honestly, Japanese rock is a vibe I would love to hear more of overall. The kitchen sink approach is very appealing to me.

SpyKi likes this.
  5. digitalsea

Have you heard the OP and ED for Kaiju No.8?

Shams likes this.
  6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I have not.

Edit: I am aware that Yungblud and OneRepublic did them respectively though, which is incredibly interesting to me that they would choose to have foreign bands do the themes instead of a Japanese band like you'd expect.

Shams likes this.
  7. digitalsea

Edit: whoops didn’t actually see your edit. But yeah I think they’re really trying to make it a hit, which it should be. But maybe I got used to them, but they’re both good? Haha

Penlab likes this.
  8. SpyKi

Yeah I love that kind of maximalist, over the top chaotic shit.

Penlab likes this.
  9. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

There is a Hell will always be their peak for me.

TTS and Amo are the ones I revisit least but don't think they are necessarily bad. (Never listened to that one album that's universally dumped on)

10. SpyKi

I think There Is a Hell is my least favourite of the albums I like. It has a few really great songs but most of it is just solid for me.

I only liked a couple of songs on TTS when it came out but I've revisited it recently and enjoy it a lot more. I need to revisit Amo at some point too to see if my feelings on that have changed much.

JamesMichael likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

^^^ same for me

I wasn’t big on TTS in 2015, but I revisited everything from CYB to Survival Horror and TTS stood out by a mile.

Sempiternal is musically great, but the lyrics drag it down by a lot. CYB and SS are nostalgic but they don’t hold up for me beyond that.

Amos is like There is a Hell - a handful of amazing songs, but another handful of eh. There is a Hell was their warmup to making Sempiternal, Amos was their warmup to Post-Human.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

TTS is just wall to wall bangers. There’s no diversity which takes it down a notch for some. At the same time, even songs later in the track list that will rarely or never be played live like “What You Need” or “Oh No” would be the top songs in many bands entire catalogs.

I rotate what album is “best” because it’s all relative to moods and accomplishments, but that one may be my front to back favorite.

Gianni and justin. like this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

One’s thing for sure, this band has one of most vastly different catalogs going.

14. SpyKi

that's the downside to this album. I feel like they've nailed their sound for my tastes on some of these songs and I know they're probably going to move on to something else next haha.

15. oakhurst May 25, 2024
    (Last edited: May 25, 2024)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Finally finished. Overall it’s good, but I found myself not particularly loving most of it outside of a few songs. It’s not bad, but it’s not their best by far. It was enjoyable.

My favorite tracks were Kool aid, top 10 statues that bleed, youtopia, lost, and dig it

16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

There Is A Hell is by far their best album to me

ChampsMusic, MacbethSin, Bane and 5 others like this.
  17. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

Never liked the band before, but really liked this and the EP, which I played after playing this one a few times. I did not like AMO at all, but hoping I’ll like spirit and sandpit turtle more!

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Skip Amo and TTS and go straight to Sempiturnal, then There is a Hell, then the rest. They’d be more your wavelength if you didn’t like Amo

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Skip TTS?

[​IMG]

fredwordsmith and sophos34 like this.
  20. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

YouTopia, Limousine, and Bullet are just really fucking great non-single tracks. Would love to see them make their way into the live set

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah there is a hell is quite easily this bands peak

however I do like some of the stuff they did on amo a whole lot

Blainer93 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  22. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

That’s The Spirit took a while to come around to, but now I truly dig it. It also helps that my wife likes it, too, whereas everything beforehand was too heavy for her. So now that we can both enjoy BMTH is a big plus.

The Next Gen is really good. I imagine coming back to this pretty often, there’s just so many new releases from the past two weeks.

Gianni and sophos34 like this.
  23. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I don’t know if it was the slow single rollout over the course of awhile or the random album drop, but this isn’t hitting for me at all. Some individual tracks are good, but I don’t see myself listening to this all the way through. Seems more like a mixtape than a focused album. I’ll give it more time but the Japanese-anime-this-is-video-game thing also comes off super hokey. And I’ve liked every single thing else they’ve done.

cosmickid likes this.
  24. T E A L

Regular

This is easily their best album to me. It's accessible, yet challenging and sonically varied and dynamic. I always liked BMTH's heavier approach to songwriting, but this feels like a really tasteful middle ground between their heavy, experimental, and more radio-centric ambitions.

Gianni and SpyKi like this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Someone called me a dickrider because I don’t think they purposefully ripped off moodring lol I barely even care about this band outside of there is a hell and some choice songs here and there since

SpyKi likes this.