Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: NeX GEn (May 24, 2024) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by fredwordsmith, May 23, 2024.

1. Limousine, especially the chorus, sounds a lot like Fightstar

2. This is solid, albeit a bit too long and samey. I went in with zero hype due to the exhaustingly long rollout and because I was afraid by the time this would finally be out, my appetite for the scene revival (with or without hyperpop elements) would be gone, but I guess this isn't the case as I'm liking the whole thing.

This doesn't touch Post Human Survival Horror though. I guess that one still has the advantage of having a shorter runtime, and the direction they took felt more exciting and fresh to my ears than the Warped Tour era post-hardcore/pop-punk sound they're mostly going for this time. Maybe I would feel differently if this had come out a couple years earlier, meaning before I had heard tons of stuff in the same vein done by newer artists, I don't know. Guess they caught lightning in a bottle on the predecessor.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I can never get too much of that sound haha. I also haven't heard that many bands doing it that well.

It's too soon to say whether I like it more than Survival Horror since I've only listened twice but I can already see it beating that and part of that for me is the advantage of a longer run time haha.

4. SpyKi

This just feels like Deftones to me which are obviously a big influence on Fightstar so that would make sense haha. Next time I listen I'll have to see if I can hear the Fightstar sound though, that might help me like it more.

Shams likes this.
  5. Crisp X May 24, 2024
    (Last edited: May 24, 2024)
    Yeah I wanted to say Deftones too. It's particularly the vocal delivery on the melodic part near the end that felt like something Charlie would sing on their heavier stuff. I'm just itching for a new Fightstar album tbh

Gianni and SpyKi like this.
  6. SpyKi

I know that feeling! Haha.

7. SpyKi

I think Top 10 Statues and Bullet both have a good shot at becoming my favourite BMTH song. Amen! is also hitting harder every time I play it. That's one of the pre release songs I hadn't heard that much but it's so good.

SteveLikesMusic and JamesMichael like this.
  8. SpyKi

The guitar on n/A reminds me of Married With Children by Oasis every time. It's so similar.

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I still think that’s one of the worst songs on here because of that intro.

Agree with bullet being top tier though.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. SpyKi

Agreed, it's growing on me a bit though, mainly for the second half. Still my least favourite for sure.

11. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

first Post Human is my favorite BMTH, so i’m excited to dig into this!

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Somehow I completely missed Lost being released last year?? Like that one a lot. Strangers and Die4U are the worst ones on here. Just that mid-tempo anthem thing that they’ve repeated so many times now. Like a lot of this, though. Especially how heavy it gets in parts. Should be a good workout album for awhile!

SpyKi and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. SpyKi

Die4u has grown on me a lot in context. I really love the verses on that song.

14. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

Limousine sounds like Diamond Eyes era Deftones

SteveLikesMusic and Gianni like this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Just made it through to Lost and imo it’s so head and shoulders above everything else so far, just as Drown stood over all of the TTS material. It’s the breakthrough of their sound and perfection of what they’re going for the whole record

SpyKi likes this.
  16. SpyKi

I love Lost but I think it might not even be top 3 on the album for me now haha. I also like Doomed more than Drown but I get what you're saying about those two being a perfect version of what they're attempting on each album.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah that’s more what I was getting at - they’re the clearest perfection of the “next step” of their sound of the perspective eras, moreso than that they’re my favorite songs (doomed is that one for me too lol)

SpyKi likes this.
  18. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Oh my god. Bullet With My Name On is absolutely bonkers. Goosebumps.

CAC3 and SpyKi like this.
  19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

YOUtopia, Bullet, Limousine and Top 10 are probably my favourite non-single songs on here by a large stretch.

The ending of Bullet is probably one of my favourite BMTH moments in general.

SpyKi likes this.
  20. tvck

Trusted

Limousine is fucking awesome.

21. tvck

Trusted

That breakdown portion of Bullet felt like it was ripped out of Writing on the Walls and I love it

22. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Top 10 Statues what the FUCK

23. sawhney[rusted]2 May 24, 2024
    (Last edited: May 24, 2024)
    sawhney[rusted]2

Ultimately this record should have cut been cut down by 10-15 minutes, and needed to be re-tooled a bit to be more effective. When this album gets going and hits, it hits, moreso than their last few albums. But they really haven't been able to create a cohesive, satisfying album experience since Sempiternal (outside of PH1, how could I forget). And what sucks about this album as it stands is that it absolutely could have been that. But whatever, I enjoy this for what is and am happy with it

EDIT: I'm going to be on my shit and re-do the tracklist for this album to make it flow better

Crisp X likes this.
  24. MacbethSin

Regular

Good god, top 10 statues popping on my Release Radar, expectations annihilated

25. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

On a second listen I really love Rip.

Not really understanding all the hype on the Underoath track yet, maybe it'll hit later

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.