Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring me the Horizon Cancel Remainder of Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot Feb 15, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bring me the Horizon have canceled their rest of their tour..

pic.twitter.com/UYMqOfpzJU

— Bring Me The Horizon (@bmthofficial) February 15, 2019

Due to unforeseen circumstances, our shows with @bmthofficial and @fever333 in Phoenix and Las Vegas today and tomorrow have been canceled. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

— THRICE (@Thrice) February 15, 2019

pic.twitter.com/xygIfM2l86

— FEVER 333 (@fever333) February 15, 2019

2. transrebel59

Regular

I just got out of the shower to get ready to see them tonight. Hopefully he gets better and gives his vocal chords some rest for a bit.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. sayitaintjoe

Just spitballing here, but couldn't Thrice have taken over headlining duties for the remainder of the tour?

Ska Senanake and Brent like this.
  4. I don't know if Thrice is big enough to fill those venues like BMTH

5. Kristopherkshinn

Why don't they just continue to use backing tracks like they always do?
    On a serious note, hope he takes care of his vocals and they get back to supporting Amo soon

theasteriskera likes this.
  6. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Honestly think their fan bases are too different. The bulk of folks coming for BMTH probably wouldn't come for Thrice only.

beachdude likes this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

And wouldn't that have been a much better tour? YES!!!

AllenRicketts likes this.
  8. chcougar1

Trusted

Jason might be drunk based on the thread title lol

9. zachmacD

Trusted

Absolutely not.

10. zachmacD

Trusted

At least this proves he’s actually singing up there

theasteriskera likes this.
  11. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

Not a fan of their new music but I can at least give him the credit for his singing.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was at a Thrice headlining show about a year ago that had about a hundred people. It was kinda depressing.

13. somethingwitty

Trusted

Thrice was on such a high around time they put out the Alchemy Index...then everything began to sound the same and they never took that next step.

14. Lucas27

Trusted

Lol. I didn't even catch the the thread title until I saw this comment.

Essie likes this.
  15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah the vibe I get from Thrice is just a band that plateaued around Alchemy Index and just stopped growing/creating hits - this BMTH tour was a good chance for them to get in front of new fans, and hopefully from here they can really get some good inspiration and create a big album again

16. Tom Lee

Regular

Sorry to hear about the vocal rupture thing, as I know how painful that can be.

But again, I'm leaving this thread here, 'cause I just think it's falling on deaf ears, and I get frustrated about constantly seeing BMTH in my feed. Thinking a lot about the Ryan Adams thing, and what Phoebe Bridgers posted about complicity in validating & not holding people accountable for their behaviour.

17. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Lol what??? TBEITBN had a ton of commercial success. Black Honey is probably the bands biggest song. Not to mention Beggars might be their best album and that came out after Alchemy.

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah Black Honey has 28 million streams on Spotify alone lmao

SuNDaYSTaR and Ska Senanake like this.
  19. This definitely needs to be addressed by the band/Oli ASAP.

Carrow and Brent like this.
  20. you're giving them way too much credit, my guy. after the glass bottle/piss incident they should have taken him to task but didn't. nor did they after he physically abused his ex-wife. it'd be notable if they finally confronted him about this, but everything points to them just not giving a fuck. fuck knows HE won't say shit about it.

Joe4th and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  21. Analog Drummer

Regular

You can hide certain artists in your news feed

Carrow likes this.
  22. I mean, you're probably right. There weren't societal forces that really would have forced them to the apology/accountability table back when those things happened, but now that those forces do exist they're probably doing their best to avoid talking about it. Which is just fucked. Maybe their newfound fame (being on Jimmy Kimmel, etc.) might eventually begin a conversation?

Carrow likes this.
  23. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Tom Lee and heymattrick like this.
  24. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I saw them in Montreal and their keyboardist couldn't be there, so they definitely relied on backing tracks. The sound quality was horrible, too.

25. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Saw their show in MSP a few weeks ago. It was fun, but the lack of Fish doing actual singing hurt the show since all his stuff was pre-programmed. The rest of the band was tight as hell.

However, Oli's vocals were better than expected and the crowd was super into it. It was a HUGE venue (8400 cap) that was probably 90% full. And they LOVED the Amo tracks, which was surprising. The response to MANTRA and Wonderful Life was deafening.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.