Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - Amo (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Aug 9, 2018.

1. JM95

Trusted

This band is so boring now.

LightWithoutHeat and kyle like this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm into it. Definitely interested to hear the rest of the album. Very surprised Oli would say it's their "heaviest", but I wonder what he truly means by that.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

He said "It'll be heavy to us, but not heavy in the way people think."

4. myawrld

Regular

Agreed - There's no way this album comes close to the heaviness of their older albums... nor do I want it to. I'm happy with a healthy mix of There is a Hell, Sempiternal & That's The Spirit and whatever new sound they want to incorporate. I don't love this song but like it enough that I'm excited to see what they come up with.

beachdude42 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I thought it would sound like Blasphemy and I was right. Don't love it and decently like their stuff aside from TIAH which is a metalcore classic.

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Already seen people saying they sold out with this song, like this sounds like it could have been on TTS lol

7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I personally really like this

8. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

This is the blandest shit. I don't know what i was expecting but it definitely wasn't this vanilla radio rock sandwich.

9. Jake W

TTS was radio rock too lol. Not hating on it, it was above average radio rock.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

This song sounds like something that would be on a mid-2000s Need for Speed soundtrack. I can picture running from the law in that game to this song sandwiched in between hits from Bullet for My Valentine and Celldweller.

11. sukottokairu

Regular

i'm liking this more than the last album, but i don't think they'll top sempiternal

Larry David likes this.
  12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I don’t think it beats most of That’s The Spirit for me (likening it to that album as it’s the most similar). Have to agree though Sempiternal is their best.

Interested by heaviest album comment as this track says otherwise.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Heaviest vinyl/cd packaging most likely

14. into it

15. Naw

16. Jake W

Also seen some "pop music is bad" comments and damn some "metal" fans are so toxic

beachdude42 and JamesMichael like this.
  17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

They're gonna say the word "heavy" a lot, making it their "heaviest" album

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

TTS is a good album but if the new one sounds like TTS pt. 2 then I’ll become bored very quickly

19. chelsealouanne Aug 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2018)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

Can confirm Mantra sounds good blasted in my house.

It's a little less than what I was expecting, but it's growing on me in the moment, and I'm seeing its potential. I wish we got more album info along with this today.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I don’t like it as much as I expected too, though for a clear single it’s got some unique stuff going on. Chorus is a little bland but there’s at least nothing I flat out dislike about it. I don’t care for the verses, but the bridge is A+.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Meh.

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I like it.

I like it a lot.

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. MikeERayner

Trusted

The way he says "mantra" is awful.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  24. oneeightytwo

Regular

Albums called ‘Amo’, out Jan 11.

beachdude42 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is fine. I think Sempiternal is just such a high bar that they are always going to struggle to top it. The last album had some good songs but lots of filler tracks and I suspect this will be the same. It's a shame as TIAH and Sempiternal are both incredible albums front to back and I just miss Oli's screams. Give me just a track or two in that vein and I will be happy.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.