Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - Amo (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I like this more than TTS. The tracks that go full pop (Mother Tongue, Medicine) and the tracks with a lot of electronics (Nihilist Blues, Heavy Metal) are my favorites. I wouldn't dig this as much if most of the tracks were like Mantra or Wonderful Life, but I'm okay with them since they aren't the norm.

beachdude likes this.
  2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Lmao, this is a disaster y'all, both sides are being really annoying now.

Micool1 and beachdude like this.
  3. Thanks for the compliment.

4. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

imagine wanting to be anything else than liberal lol

sukottokairu likes this.
  5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is still soooo good

Mister Lyrical and beachdude like this.
  6. Coming in at the end of this thread, not reading the previous comments, but just here to say this album is pretty damn good. I just don’t pay attention to the lyrics pretty much at all. ‘nihilist blues’ and ‘why you gotta kick me when i’m down?’ Are both so good. If you don’t pay attention to the lyrics too much :crylaugh:

beachdude likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yes but I think not every situation like this is the same. I think people’s line is gonna be different depending on the amount of clarity/evidence available, and in this case the primary accusation we’re discussing is 12 years old and there’s a lot of info about it that isn’t clear. I’m not saying it’s false, and I’m not saying any of you guys are wrong for looking at it the way you are. Just my personal viewpoint is I don’t think there’s enough information for me to make my own definitive judgment. Others may disagree and that’s fine.

Micool1, azzy01 and David Smith like this.
  8. David Smith

Finally, some logical thought

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The piss thing is 12 years old but the ex wife thing is much more recent

10. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah they only broke up in 2016

11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The TTS songs sound amazing with an orchestra

beachdude and Ferrari333SP like this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also really liking this acoustic take

coleslawed, beachdude and TEGCRocco like this.
  13. Tom Lee

Regular

This discussion turned pretty toxic, which is unsurprising/disappointing.

Y'all can make whatever judgements you like. If you're a fan, and want to dismiss these accusations without questioning them, that's your prerogative. So long as you're aware - you are accountable for enabling people who enact violence against women, regardless of this. Ignorance is bliss, but it isn't progress.

My view: there's enough for me to believe the allegations. From what I generally know and have heard about him, to the eye-witness report + photo evidence of her bloodied face afterwards, to new info about that Kerrang reporter [another apparent eye-witness] that was [allegedly] bribed with a feature interview to stay quiet (which sounds believable), to the period in time of said event & how poorly handled the court-case seemingly was.

I believe his ex-wife when she says he was physically abusive, and I also believe my [mutual] friend who corroborates this.

I'm not a fan of this band, and I don't listen or particularly care about them, but it frustrates me when they've continued to grow a large platform without acknowledging these allegations of gross misconduct. I'm not going to change much - I'm not a reporter or an investigative journalist, but I ain't gonna stay quiet when I think shitty behaviour needs to be addressed.

Not here to take away their music from anyone, but it'd be great if fans of a band like this would do more to hold their idols accountable, or at least question them on their actions. That's it, I'm out.

14. emojedi

Trusted

ngl i came just to post this thinking "yo no one will post this 3 year old video" but look what we have.

Ferrari333SP and beachdude like this.
  15. chelsealouanne

Regular

Had this on repeat today; best performance they've done of it! I wish they did more songs for this set.

beachdude and Ferrari333SP like this.
  16. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I feel like Amo is what Underoath were trying to do with their last record.

However, Amo is executed MUCH better.

17. I agree, I like this more than the Underoath album. But both are pretty forgettable, imo. It’s just not my style/sound.

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think mantra/wonderful life and rapture/wake me are largely going for the same thing but I think the rest of each are pretty divergent. BMTH clearly went for a much more top 40-driven sound. Erase Me has some other more generic moments too but I think the best parts of Erase Me are way more creative/better/traditiomal UO than those on amo.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  19. mescalineeyes

The problem with Erase Me is that more than half of it is liquid shit, whereas the worst songs on amo are average at worst.

The best songs are equally good on both albums, hell, No Frame might be my all time favorite Underoath song.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Heh I like erase me a lot but I agree it is more of a roller coaster. I guess I’d say while erase me is better to me, amo is more cohesive and consistent, so perhaps better execution is fair in that regard.

21. mescalineeyes

Where Underoath really fucked up was not getting Grimes on their record.

22. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

i feel like erase me was trying to emulate tts more.

beachdude, disambigujason and teebs41 like this.
  23. Bane

The spiciest meme

Erase Me is still great sorry not sorry

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Erase Me is a fantastic 6-song EP

On My Teeth
    ihateit
    Hold Your Breath
    No Frame
    In Motion
    I Gave Up

25. mescalineeyes

wow, that's not the tracks I would've gone with. I guess Erase Me has a little bit for everybody :)

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.