Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon - Amo (January 25, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Aug 9, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

One day! Tbh I’m actually pretty stoked for this.

2. beachdude

Anyone got any speculation what it’ll sound like? Personally I’m expecting a fairly similar sound to That’s the Spirit overall, with possibly more electronic influence.

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

They’re gonna take the gloomy atmosphere of There Is a Hell and apply it to the poppier songwriting of TTS

Larry David and beachdude42 like this.
  4. azzy01

Regular

That would be really ideal tbh.

Larry David and beachdude42 like this.
  5. azzy01

Regular

I'm overall very excited for this album, I feel like they have the potential to put another release on the level of sempiternal. That's the spirit felt a bit rushed to me so hopefully this one has better songwriting and more interesting ideas.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

That's the Spirit seemed like the beginning of a new "Trilogy" for me. The band really started showing interesting promise and songwriting with SS, then perfected those sounds and ideas in There is... and Sempiternal, and That's the Spirit seems like it was SS all over again. They have the songwriting ability, I just believe they didn't know how to fully capitalize on it.

7. beachdude

I definitely think That’s the Spirit isn’t getting enough credit. That album made them succeed in something that SO many other big “scene” bands today have tried and failed at... achieving huge crossover mainstream success. It’s definitely flawed, but it succeeded wildly at what it attempted to do, and I still think a lot of those songs are really good.

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I think Sempiternal is more the reason why they're huge than That's The Spirit to be honest.

I always have an idea that there's a "lag effect" when it comes to timing of artist's success.

That's the Spirit was good, and half of the album has incredible songs, but I'd say its about as uneven as Suicide Season, which is why I was drawing that comparison.

9. beachdude

I definitely think Sempiternal was a huge part of their success (and don’t get me wrong, I also think that and There Is a Hell are the better albums), but some of the songs from That’s the Spirit were absolutely MASSIVE. We may scoff at some of them, and yeah some of them have pretty cliched songwriting, but I definitely think that album took them that next step further in popularity which they wouldn’t be at otherwise.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

Lol we're gonna agree about this. I definitely see that, but Sempiternal was the one that got them in the mind of the mainstream consciousness that made the success for TTS much more impact. There's a certain grace period that comes with the previous album's success. Yes, some of those singles were massive, but mostly due to the groundwork and goodwill created by Sempiternal. Also, Drown was their biggest single by far, and having the success of that song prelude TTS, gave it that final push.

I hate to make this comparison, but the release structure and "goodwill" theory reminds me of Drake's run up to Views. I.e. IYRTITL (great and critically acclaimed for the most part) to Hotline Bling (biggest single to date at that time) to VIEWS (absolutely monstrous numbers and single performance).

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

I can see what you’re saying. In either case, I think this new album is gonna show how far they can carry their current momentum.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. azzy01

Regular

TTS definitely did more for them in terms of pushing them more into the mainstream. However, I still think that sempiternal has the better and more interesting songs and songwriting. TTS songs were good but were definitely less interesting as I feel like they were written with the sole purposeof reaching a larger audience as opposed to pushing themselves creatively (which didnt make it a bad release just not as interesting). So hopefully this new one pushes them in both directions( creatively and commercially)

Also I think a huge factor as to why TTS was more commercially successfull apart from the type of songs has to do with the leak of sempiternal that came weeks in advance which forced them to push up the release date etc. Also TTS was released internationally on a major label so definitely more marketing etc

beachdude42 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. chelsealouanne Aug 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2018)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

When Sempiternal was released, that's when all the haters who made fun of BMTH came out and professed their love for them. It was a weird time for me as a longtime fan of the band since Suicide Season. Since then, they have been really formulating this craft as we know it from Sempiternal to now. And it was an essential and important part of their growth. That said, this teaser sounds like it belongs on That's the Spirit, and I didn't expect different as things seem to be moving this way.

Really excited for tomorrow! Surprised no leak yet.

14. beachdude

Yeah I agree with you. I like That’s the Spirit but it’s definitely less interesting than Sempiternal and There Is a Hell, which are my two favorite albums by them. Here’s to hoping this new one can be the best of both worlds.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. DesolateEarth

Birb

Never listened to these guys much but "Throne" is a hella fun song.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That’s The Spirit definitely marked a new era for them and to be honest I really dug it. Some really solid tracks on there and I’m all for the poppier style.

Sempiternal is definitely my favourite overall though so I’m hoping for a mix of it and TTS. Expecting more electronics in the mix too.

When’s the new song out?

Bad Frequencies and beachdude42 like this.
  17. beachdude

No one knows yet, but my guess would be a BBC Radio 1 premiere tomorrow evening.

JamesMichael and Bad Frequencies like this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I second this

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. chelsealouanne

Regular

azzy01 likes this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

21. chelsealouanne

Regular

England is GMT so 5 hours behind EST.

What's your timezone?

22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Seems you was right about tomorrow by the looks of it. Stoked!

beachdude42 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

CST lol so an hour behind Est

24. beachdude

[​IMG]

Not sure what the source of this is but yeah

25. sawhney[rusted]2

Dope hair Oli

beachdude42 and Bad Frequencies like this.