Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me the Horizon’s Second Base Tour at MECU in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Having already come through the northeast this past winter on its First Love Tour, Bring Me the Horizon return with their Second Base Tour. The band recently played the MECU at Baltimore’s inner harbor — an outdoor venue whose seats are under a sail-like cover and whose standing section became a vacant mud pit in Saturday’s rain. The weather did not prevent the fans from enjoying the show, which skated across several music genres.

You’ll find a photo gallery from the evening and more thoughts about the show, below.

The show opened with Scarlxrd, a British rapper who utilizes a mix of trap and metal elements to his sound. He later returned to the stage for BMTH’s “Antivist.”

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ollie Sykes and company brought a different set design and slightly different setlist to this tour—the First Love Tour was performed atop a steel grated stage, lit from below with minimal backdrop. This tour has the band members moving around and up a flight of stairs so they can stand atop a wall of screens made to look like speakers. After the release of the band’s latest album, Amo, fans were tentative to see how the band’s setlist would utilize such a variety of musical influences, but the post-apocalyptic scene with the occasional trifecta of dancers, worked well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    BMTH wove old and new sounds together very well and fans enjoyed the set despite the rain. Weather and venue be damned, Sykes usually prompts fans for a circle pit during “The House of Wolves,” but he conceded, “well, how about an oval then?”

2. currytheword

Trusted

I recently made my first ever friend from the UK who is seeing a close friend of mine, and while we got to sit and chat over drinks while he was here we picked each other’s brains on music from our respective countries. When I asked about Bring Me The Horizon he said “now I know many people in this country are not a fan of hearing this word, but it’s quite common where I’m from and Oli Sykes is considered to be one of the biggest c**** to ever come from the UK and still is one.” Doesn’t sound nearly as funny via text but in person his delivery had me dying laughing.

Carrow likes this.
  3. Analog Drummer

Regular

As a Pom myself the term isn’t as harsh as it is in America , ditto Australia it’s a term of endermanent in certain contexts hahah

currytheword likes this.
  4. Tom Lee

Regular

Truly baffled and disappointed to see this band still receiving a platform on this site.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

But seriously why is this band still being covered on this site.

6. currytheword May 15, 2019
    (Last edited: May 16, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

It’s a good point. A majority of those bands this community has tossed out due to previous actions from years ago should not exclude the guy who got famous for pissing on a woman among other things.

Edit: Want to edit this to say that those shunned from being discussed and removed from their platform were all rightfully done so. This post was not a knock on that. BMTH just needs to join them.

7. bestofmoss

Regular

This site is weirdly inconsistent and likes to pick and choose the harshness of its cancels. Brand New? Satan incarnate. David Bowie? Water under the bridge. BMTH? Bring me the clicks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

heymattrick and Tom Lee like this.
  8. Analog Drummer

Regular

Baffled you continue to you that your name after what Tommy Lee has done in the past

9. Tom Lee

Regular

Good argument. Clearly, it's not because it's my actual name. :eyeroll:

These things are nuanced & sensitive to each individual case, but it's very clear this band (Oli) still receives a platform because they've not responded with accountability or faced repercussions publicly.

currytheword and I Am Mick like this.