Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brigsby Bear (Kyle Mooney, 8/11/2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Aug 11, 2017.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone seen this yet? I'm thinking about going tonight. Kyle is supposed to be doing a Q&A after the showing at my local theater.

2. Dog with a Blog

I really want to see this, I'd either have to drive to Hollywood or Irvine though to catch it and I don't really want to do that. Is that Q&A in San Diego?

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Hoping to catch it soon, been on my radar for awhile.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The Q&A I'm referring to is in Dallas. My first thought was that it was a streaming Q&A, but I went back and looked at the listing and it doesn't say that, so I'm hoping he'll actually be there.

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I had no idea this was out already. I would love to see it

6. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

This was so so so good.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Supposedly this goes wide this week so I'll finally be able see it. Easily one of my most anticipated of the year

8. Dog with a Blog

was going to drive 40 minutes to see this tonight but I just realized it will be opening up a lot closer to me on Thursday so I will do that instead. stoked.

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Seeing this Saturday, going in actually knowing nothing except that Kyle Mooney stars and The Lonely Island produced it!

suicidesaints and Bloodsucker II like this.
  10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Was only okay, kind of disappointing -- had some moments, but went in some questionable directions at times.

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Kind of on the fence on seeing this as I just saw its playing near me this weekend

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely loved this. I had high expectations and left extremely satisfied.

Aaron Mook and Anthony_ like this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I liked this a lot more than I'd thought I did. Has a good mix of dark and sweet moments. Going in I didn't know Kyle's character was abducted as a baby. Plus an Andy Samberg cameo.

14. Dog with a Blog

I'm about to watch this and I am the only person in the theatre which is great cause I hate watching movies with people but also kinda sad

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

I really enjoyed this for the most part. The scene where he's messing around with that girl was hilarious. The extent of suspension of disbelief I had to extend was similar to when I watched Lars and the Real Girl (although that movie reached levels of absurdity). I feel like this movie was much better, but parts of it sort of made me go, "hmm." Also, I sort of wish they delved deeper into how traumatized he would be. They brushed up on it for sure but I thought they could have elaborated more on like what the hell his plan was going forward. Additionally, not sure how I'd feel about letting my abducted son getting his captor's voice to be forever captured on a movie he was making but ok. Overall though, I really enjoyed it and was smiling throughout. I thought Kyle did a great job and his friend (Travis I think?) was really good too. He was definitely Kyle, but how a realistic version of his character would be.

Connor likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This was fantastic. I had no idea about the true nature of the plot before sitting down and was really happy with how it turned out. The cast was uniformly excellent as well. Kyle should be proud.

Connor and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

18. This is one of my favorite movies of the year. Really endearing. I didn't know anything about it other than positive word of mouth, so overall it caught me by surprise.

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. Wowee, I thought Super Dark Times was my favorite film of the year but idk...this was funny and emotional and original and just so good. It was like an ode to youth and pop culture and creation all at once. Not much makes me smile anymore quite like this movie did.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I loved this movie.

21. This is fantastic, many thumbs up.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

finally got a chance to check this out, overall enjoyed this, but I was surprised they never really delved into Ted and April's reasoning for doing what they did and creating Brigsby

JRGComedy and Dog with a Blog like this.
  23. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I love, love, loved this... sometimes indie quirk can be way too overbearing but man this totally worked on all levels for me.

Connor likes this.