Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brightburn (David Yorevsky, May 24, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 8, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

produced by and story by James Gunn, screenplay by his brother

Synopsis: What if a child from another world crash-landed on Earth, but instead of becoming a hero to mankind, he proved to be something far more sinister? With Brightburn, the visionary filmmaker of Guardians of the Galaxy and Slither presents a startling, subversive take on a radical new genre: superhero horror.
    Cast: Elizabeth Banks David Denman Jackson A. Dunn Matt Jones and Meredith Hagner

2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Hmmm, so basically Superman (or superboy) meets the Omen?

I’m tentatively interested.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Will see, primarily for Gunn

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The first, like, half of this trailer feels so intentionally like a Man of Steel trailer before descending into horror. Not sure if it's the kinda film I'm really into, but in spite of superhero deconstruction being terribly overdone, this seems like it COULD actually be interesting.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I can't believe this hasn't been a movie before. It's one of those concepts that feels so obvious in retrospect.

DarkHotline likes this.
  7. tvck

Trusted

i'm in. 100%

8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This looks fun. Kinda wish they didn't give away glass in the eye.

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This looks really intriguing, I’ll definitely see it. Great concept, I agree that it’s wild there really hasn’t been done before. Hopefully this can be a thing in the future.

10. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I dunno, I can’t shake the feeling that it’s an intriguing concept that will be ruined by bad execution. Hope I’m wrong.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This doesn't look very good to me

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not sure why hearts and hands are busted, but I am so in.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. This looks pretty great

16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Concept is fun, but some of the effects look pretty bad to me.

Henry likes this.
  17. I’ll catch it on HBO or Netflix.

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I was interested in this, but apparently this isn't being screened for press/critics? Same thing happened w/ Hellboy, and we know how that turned out

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Not very good aside from a couple of kills.

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Didn’t think it was crazy good or anything but it was entertaining enough.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Yeah that’s how I feel about it too. Reminded me that I don’t want kids though.

22. michael_gatto

Trusted

I thought this would be a little more, but I enjoyed it a lot still. Glad I went in without seeing any trailers.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This had a lot of good concepts and ideas, but fell apart a bit in the execution. I think it would have been a bit more interesting if the kid turned evil because of his environment/humanity, not because the ship told him to. They hint at that at points, but it's really skimmed over

jkauf likes this.
  24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Woof. Real glad I caught this for free at home. Fun idea, bad execution, nonexistent ending, haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. This 100%. I really wanted to love this, loved the concept, and the kills were impressive, but there was some straight up Happening-level wacky shit going on during some of the scenes. I laughed out loud when he accidentally hurled the lawnmower