Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bright Eyes - Down In The Weeds Where the World Once Was (August 21, 2020) Album • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 6, 2020.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’m seeing his first show back. Wild.

2. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Never been to the Eastern before in ATL.

3. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I thought my ticket for the New Haven date was refunded last year (this was a big reason why I bought a ticket to the Bethlehem date), but got an email this morning saying it's still valid. Guess I'm seeing them three times in four days.

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

[​IMG]

5. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I mean… no freaking way they do a 40 song set right?? If they actually do this and they don’t bring it to the midwest I’m suing.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. bobsheiskawy

I find it hard to believe that would be for this tour, unless that first page has at least a handful of songs from the new record.

7. SteveLikesMusic

maybe it’s the songs they are practicing for potential set inclusion

8. stars143

Trusted

Probably this. Radiohead said they practiced like 80 songs for their last U.S. tour, so they could rotate setlists.

9. tbh please don't play 40 songs

Sean Murphy likes this.
  10. stars143

Trusted

The Cure did 33 songs when I saw them a few years ago. I love that band, but if it was any longer I might have just left the concert.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If I REALLY love a band I’m okay with lengthier sets but otherwise a longer set just means I’ll be home later and probably get bored after like 20 songs.

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lol $65 each for a general admission venue what the actual fuck

I get they didn't get to tour a full year but you don't have to make it all back in one tour

13. SteveLikesMusic

Been buying a bunch of GA show tickets this week and they are all at least 10-20 more than they were last time around. Fun fun.

stars143 likes this.
  14. stars143

Trusted

I think Livenation has increased their ridiculous fees even more. Somehow a $55 ticket turned into $79.50?!?

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

16. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

Bright Eyes is a band where 2+ hours would be ideal for me. Not a ton of those for me, though.

17. Meghin

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Supporter

I just paid $69.50 for one ticket to see them (thanks Ticketmaster) and somehow I'm okay with this?!?

irthesteve likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

There’s no way they’re playing 40 songs, lol. But it would not shock me if bands/artists kind of go wild the first night or two of tours to make up for lost time.

19. SteveLikesMusic

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

wow what a wild, career-oscillating setlist

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I cannot waiiiiiiit for Saturday

Serenity Now likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wait.

no Calais to Dover i’m selling my ticket

23. bobsheiskawy

I'm seeing them three times between now and Saturday and would be pretty happy with that setlist even if they don't mix it up (though I really want to hear "Stairwell Song," "To Death's Heart" and "Calais To Dover" and would definitely prefer more songs from Lifted).

I saw Lucy on Sunday and am really curious to see how she changes her set for the Bright Eyes dates.

24. SteveLikesMusic

My only complaint

Sean Murphy likes this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

Pretty short set for Lucy but still great.

(I also noticed her watching bright eyes in the crowd and that made me happy)

I could be out of order but:
    Hot & Heavy
    First Time
    Addictions
    Christine
    VBS
    Brando
    Thumbs
    Night Shift

Other notes: local musicians for the orchestra, and I think this is the first time I’ve seen Conor sober or at least not hammered.

bobsheiskawy likes this.