Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bright (David Ayer, Netflix) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

suicidesaints likes this.
  2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The real question is how many of those 11 million watched it because it was free on a service they’re already paying for anyway? Gotta assume the number of people who would have bothered to go to the theater and pay for a ticket is quite a bit less.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea which is why I said it might be an unfair comparison. Movies already lose money when people sit at home and torrent them.

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

Watched this yesterday and as soon as I saw Trigger Warning Films” or whatever I rolled my eyes. Movie was extremely forgettable.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I honestly love how low brow people are not only defending it, they declared war on a review aggregate site over it.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  6. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

John Boyega was saying he loved it and then getting ragged on on Twitter. Opinions are hard to have these days.

Davjs likes this.
  7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

movie really wasnt that bad. if people though hancock was decent, this was probably more entertaining

8. Reading on Twitter that a NYT article on Landis is expected to drop before Saturday.

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

oh boy. you thought you were sick of over-indulgent faux-compassionate statements from abusive dudes? something tells me landis' will take the cake.

Tim, suicidesaints, CarpetElf and 3 others like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

electro haikus, Aaron Mook and Davjs like this.
  11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

That’s twitter for you. You can claim to love “Gone With The Wind” and get shit on by anonymous people.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Who asked for this

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe Landis won't be involved next time

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Says in the article he won’t

Tim likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

Even though I liked this movie, I don't see a need for a sequel. Sure, the world they set up was cool and seeing that explored could be fun, but where do the two main characters go? They both had a crazy night of fighting off elves for a rare magic wand.....how do you top that? Just leave it as a cool one off movie.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Even the one guy who liked this doesn't want a sequel.

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahahahahaha

suicidesaints and Davjs like this.
  19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Very disappointed Landis won’t be involved with the sequel to his Star Wars but maybe he can come back to helm the eventual prequel trilogy

Jason Tate, Aaron Mook and Serh like this.
  20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe in 20 years when CGI catches up, Landis can re-edit this and put out a version of his actual vision.

21. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

looking forward to this.

22. Davjs

Trusted

I'll give it a watch for sure, but I dunno what the story would be. I'd love to be surprised though.

23. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

This was stupid as fuck

Night Channels and Furman like this.
  24. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

The way racism is portrayed in this film is very visceral, it’s hard to watch. It’s too real to digest despite the fantasy layers.

25. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Alright, finished the second half of the movie. The finale could’ve been edited better to flow more purposefully.

I really loved Jakoby and related to him deeply being a black man adopted and raised by a white family. Can’t stress enough how well they pulled the culturally alienated characterization off.