Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bridging the Forum and the Website’s Supporter Systems

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today I’m excited to announce I’ve completed the work on bridging our community and the main website’s supporter systems. Now, if you’re a supporting member of the forum community you can use your username and password to login on the content side of the website to view supporter only content (like my first impressions), manage your payment options, turn off advertisements site-wide, and soon gain access a special Dark Mode for the main website that matches perfectly with the Dark Mode of the forums.

And don’t forget: you don’t have to be a community member to be a supporter of the website! You can join right now for only $3 a month and help support this website and independent publishing. It’s because of readers like you that I can keep running this website. I can’t thank each and every one of you enough for your support over the past two years.

It’s funny how a project like this, which doesn’t end up having many outward facing changes, can be a massive undertaking behind the scenes. But now that it’s done, the foundation is better set for a bunch of cool things we can do in the future and the system is much more robust for handling payments and login credentials for our growing community.

If you are already a supporter, you don’t have to make any changes if you don’t want to, everything will just keep working as it has been. If you’d like to move away from PayPal and to the new credit card based system, you can do that here. Again, it’s totally optional to make that change if you want.

If anyone has any questions at all, feel free to drop me an email or message me in the forums.

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Doesn't seem to be working?

I went here: Support Us • chorus.fm clicked the "log in" button, gives me a sign-in prompt, complete sign-in, shows me a green check indicating sign-in worked, but then I still just see the "log in" button. Refreshing page doesn't help.

3. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Awesome, just disabled the ads seems to work for me. Looking forward to the dark mode on the regular site. In constant dark mode of the forums

Robk and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Was a caching issue I didn't refresh. Should be fixed.

littlejohn likes this.
  5. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

jason, you still have not added a way for me to pay for with chick fil a coupons. is there an ETA for this?

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Just signed on for the Community Package. Sorry it took so long!

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Really can't wait until I can sign up for this. I've just been unemployed for too long hah. Must be pretty exciting though to be able to add features and change stuff more easily on this platform as opposed to AP's!

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Thank you!

Ben Lee likes this.
  9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

My "Supporters Forums" have seemed to disappear.

10. skurt

11. WTF that makes no sense.

Hm. Can you do me a favor and try logging out and then back in?

12. skurt

Still not showing.

13. OK, gimme a minute. No idea what it's doing. You're marked as a supporter, haha. I have an idea though.

14. skurt

It's back now!

15. Ok, I know what the issue is. Fixed it for you, now have to go fix part of my bridge code that recalculates the permission combo! Curse you bugs! Curse you.

16. skurt

Thanks again Jason. At least you know what is it now. :)

17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I’m having the same issue, tried logging out and back in but no luck

Edit: Dark Mode is fantastic tho

18. You signed up right as I was uploading the new fix! Haha, so funny. I fixed it for you. Sorry about that.

You should be good to go now, glad you like Dark Mode! And thanks so much for signing up.

Signifire likes this.
  19. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Thanks a bunch man, happy to contribute!

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Incredible. Just incredible.

@Jason Tate In all honesty, between being really tight on money right now and spending much less time on the internet in general, I was considering dropping my support. But with this change, yeehaw!, I'm staying in.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for all you do.

littlejohn and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Jason Tate and skurt like this.