Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Wilson to Release Memoir in October

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brian Wilson will release his autobiography, I am Brian Wilson: A Memoir, on October 11th. An excerpt can be found below.

[​IMG]

My life has been written about over and over again, and that’s mostly okay with me. Other people can talk about my life. Sometimes they’ll get it right and sometimes they’ll get it wrong. For me, when I think back across my own life, there are so many things that are painful. Sometimes I don’t like discussing them. Sometimes I don’t even like remembering them. But as I get older, the shape of that pain has changed. Sometimes memories come back to me when I least expect them. Maybe that’s the only way it works when you’ve lived the life I’ve lived: starting a band with my brothers that was managed by my father, watching my father become difficult and then impossible, watching myself become difficult and then impossible, watching women I loved come and go, watching children come into the world, watching my brothers get older, watching them pass out of the world. Some of those things shaped me. Others scarred me. Sometimes it was hard to tell the difference. When I watched my father fly into a rage and take swings at me and my brothers, was that shaping or scarring? When we watched him grow frustrated with his day job and take solace in music, was that shaping or scarring? Those are all memories but I can’t get to them all at once. I’ve had a whole lifetime to take them in. Now I have a whole book to put them out there

2. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Will definitely be reading this, I'm sure some parts will be tough to get through though.

3. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Will buy.

4. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Really can't wait for this, especially being 50 years after Pet Sounds; seems so right.

5. Cool, but what a completely boring title.

6. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

Growing up I was never a huge Beach Boys fan (I grew up on The Beatles). Until recently, I never listened to any of The Beach Boys albums (only the singles that usually played on the radio)...until I saw Love & Mercy. Since then, I haven't really been able to stop. Brian is a musical genius that was ahead of his time when Pet Sounds came out. Over the weekend I bought Pet Sounds on vinyl, and my wife and I are planning on going to see Brian live in May. We will likely be picking this book up too!

beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm a huge Beach Boys fan and still need to see that movie haha

8. joshuaharris

A part of me clicked this hoping that it would be a book written by the MLB (former?) pitcher.