Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Talks With Uproxx

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Steven Hyden sat down with Brian Fallon over at Uproxx:

We had call, and we were just like, ‘Hey, are we gonna just ignore this?’ I know we’re on hiatus — we’re not doing anything, everybody’s off doing their own thing, and everybody’s fine. But if we let this go, that says something. That would come across as apathetic to me. I was like, ‘I don’t feel apathetic about this. How do you guys feel?’ They didn’t feel apathetic at all. They felt like, yeah, we should probably do something.

Then we thought, ‘if we play some shows, what happens? Do we have to start the whole thing up again?’ What realized, well, no, because of this record, we can do what we did in the beginning, which is [anything] we wanted.

2. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Really cool interview. Love Painkillers. Definitely looking forward to Sleepwalkers.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  3. Sal Mastrocola

Making Music in Gatto Black

Great questions posed in this one. Fantastic read.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Great read. Really enjoyed the last couple of questions and his responses to writing songs at his age now. Can't wait for Sleepwalkers.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Always enjoyed Steven Hyden when he was with now defunct Grantland.

This part of the interview hit a feeling for me:

I’m not a songwriter (I’m a song consumer!), but as a new-ish father, I could not agree more. When one flame burns out, another is lit. Love it.

Turkeylegz and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  6. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Loved this, must read for any Fallon/Gaslight. Thanks Steven!