Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Talks About ‘Sleepwalkers’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brian Fallon recently at down with Upset Magazine to talk about his new album:

Due for release in February, Sleepwalkers was recorded over the summer of 2017 with ’59 Sound producer Tedd Hutt. Despite the familiar faces, Fallon is still trying to push the way he writes songs in new directions. “I had these handclaps loops like drum loops. So I would start out with that kind of shuffle and look at it through the eyes of the punk rock that I grew up on and then add the Vox Continental [organ], writing riffs on that and almost using that riff as a loop, which I’ve never done before.”

“The record flipped a little bit from the more folk-oriented thing on Painkillers to a more R&B, punk-leaning thing. It’s such a drastic shift that you’ve got to get some different people and some new blood sometimes to do that because it requires a different finesse and a different perspective.”

Spoiler: I’m a fan, I think it’s a nice, confident step up from Painkillers.

Larry David and delvec19 like this.
  2. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Looking forward to this.

Was awesome to the the Killers covering Gaslight.

Really enjoy Brian's solo stuff but will always want to hear and see Gaslight again so it is good to hear they still hang out and get on.

orangehorizon likes this.
  3. Loki

God of mischief

I really don't know how he can top Painkillers in my eyes, but I am sure this will be wonderful. I have played the lead single to death.

4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I really dug Painkillers, especially Nobody Wins and Honey Magnolia. Looking forward to this one.

DearCory likes this.
  5. BShibla

As someone who lives in the Asbury Park area I've been really biased towards loving everything Brian has done. However, I only liked select songs off Painkillers and really don't enjoy the new single "Forget Me Not" at all. I think it's very cheesy lyrically and doesn't really seem like his style. I'm really hopeful the album is different and has songs I can get into like on his Horrible Crowes effort.

6. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

If Forget Me Not is much indication, I don't think he's going for a Horrible Crowes vibe...

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Stoked to hear this

8. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

I was never trully hooked on Painkillers but it definitely had some great tunes in it.
    This description grabbed my attention. Will check the album out when it drops.