Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. abw123

Trusted

Thank you to whoever (it was either in this thread or the TGA one) turned me on to Dave Hause. Really dig his recent album.

Any other bands/acts a hardcore BF/TGA fan should check out, for similarities? I'm already a fan of Frank Turner, Against Me!, Hold Steady........

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Larry David and JRGComedy like this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Chuck Ragan for sure.

3. shawnesty23

Regular

I was wondering this as email. My confirmation order email didn’t contain any code

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Listen to Matthew Ryan's new songs "Maybe I'll Disappear" and "Summer Never Ends". Brian produced his last album Hustle Up Starlings, and played on his albums lately. Summer Never Ends has an Elsie vibe. Brian does some backing vocals on here too. I don't love every song on this record but, these two are fantastic and a few other songs are good too.

JBoch likes this.
  5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Loved this record when it first came out but kind of forgot about it over the Summer. Seems like it would be a really good Fall record so I'm going to have to give it a spin today.

6. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Starland here we come!

7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The Flatliners, The Menzingers, Red City Radio, The Lawrence Arms, Tim Barry

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Dave's old band "The Loved Ones"

Also everyone should listen to Iron Chic so them too

clucky likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for this and the tour

10. Brian just played Blue Jeans & White T Shirts at the NYC show. Crowd went insane.

jpmalone4 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  11. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Restorations. LP2 is particularly great.

clucky and the rural juror like this.
  12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

So glad to see them mentioned. “D” is one of my favorite opening tracks ever.

13. eagles1139

Regular

Another new song played last night. "If Your Prayers Don't Get to Heaven"

14. SVXDan83

Regular

Have you checked out Austin Plaine? He opened for BF on the tour for Painkillers and was really good.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Didn’t get any gaslight or new songs at my
    Show a couple weeks ago I WAS ROBBED

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't really say Austin musically has much in common with Brian, but I did give him a listen an ended up loving his album. Hopefully he announces something about a follow up soon too.

17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

very excited for this. Fallon is a man I've accepted just cant write bad music. Cheesy, sometimes simple music? yeah on occasion, but god damn the man is a genius.

electro haikus, Jason Tate and Joe4th like this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

also i didnt realize Fallons live band had so many members. 4 guitars because fuck it why not

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. They played as a 4-piece last night. Fallon, Perkins, a bassist, and a drummer.

20. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

The music video shoot was Brian, Ian, and the drummer was named Matt. And I didn't know the bassist.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Explains the band name change. I didn't see Alex and didn't recognize the bassist or drummer in the live videos.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

damn, narrowing it down but thats probably a good thing given the different direction Fallon wants to go with the more soul and rock vibes. maybe the album will be more fleshed out than just 2 guitars, bass, drums, and vocals but whatever the case im sure itll be rad

23. They sounded great and everything clicked so well for Forget Me Not. I Witnessed A Crime definitely missed the organ, Smoke is a different arrangement, there are some changes, but everything works.

24. DannyZach

Trusted

that music video shoot was one of the greatest experience and worth for that 6 hours traveling from Boston.love Asbury Park.Damn I can listen to that song again and again and wanna wear these 60s clothes from video for rest of my life

25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

awesome man. any stories??