Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The opener and closer are both up there with my favorite Gaslight songs. I never have understood the belief that “American Slang” is anything but a top shelf banger.

Jake W, Barresi and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I still vividly remember my first time listening to AS. I just couldn’t help but smile the whole time.

3. abw123

Trusted

I can definitely argue that Slang is their best album. I love what they did to follow-up '59 Sound, it was just the exact right kind of "different" for me, without straying too far away. It's awesome, start to finish. And anyone who doesn't have She Loves You on there as track 11 is doing it wrong.....

RobJGolde and delvec19 like this.
  4. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

The lyrics to "American Slang" are some of the best Brian's written.

Barresi and Craig Manning like this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Agreed. I always felt like he really hit a high water mark with that song. The chorus is such a hook too. And the riff!

Matt Chylak likes this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

The acoustic rendition of American Slang for Sirius/XM is one of my personal favorites. I like how he sings, “waiting for us liars, baby come down and hang”.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

American Slang the song is among his best.

8. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I love in the last chorus when he goes off on the "OHHHHH! You told us fortunes...". Speaking of Fallon going off on that album, I love how he goes for those high notes at the end of Bring it On and Diamond Street

9. RobJGolde

I listened to A/S in full yesterday because of this discussion, and yeah, it's stacked with bangers. And despite what I said before about TQOLC, the way that song ends and then transitions into the opening snare hit and lead riff of "Orphans" is perfect.

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

anyone else realize you'll be seeing Gaslight again soon and get physically emotional

yeah uh right me neither

Barresi and Joe4th like this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The second Great Expectations hits my eardrums on Sunday I (and probably everyone in the 9:30 club) will start crying.

Shrek and CarpetElf like this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Definitely gonna cry in Chicago in August

Shrek likes this.
  13. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Mine's not for so long. :(

14. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I absolutely love that song.

15. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm starting to get those "I'm Seeing Gaslight" feelings. Watching videos from past shows I was at. I remember this cracking me up.

Barresi likes this.
  16. Noradrenaline

Regular

Two and a half hours until Brian Fallon takes the stage here in Gothenburg! I'm warming up with some wine and singalongs atm. It's gonna be a nice evening!

morken and Joe4th like this.
  17. Quercus

Regular

I've completely missed he'd be performing in Sweden. How many people showed up and how was the show?

18. Noradrenaline

Regular

It wasn't sold out and the balcony was closed but the floor was packed! A lot more people showed up than I imagined.
    And the show was fantastic. Brian was in a really good mood and was smiling through the entire set which rubbed off on the crowd O:-)

RobJGolde likes this.
  19. RobJGolde

It's really cool to see him as happy as he has been lately between Gaslight stuff and his solo work doing so well.

Noradrenaline likes this.
  20. momo32t

Trusted

I just jumped on that acoustic tour presale real quick. October 7th cant come soon enough!

21. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

He said pre-sale was at 10 today but the Keswick Theatre sale says tomorrow at noon.

22. eagles1139

Regular

RobJGolde likes this.
  23. SteveLikesMusic

I was told by a promoter a few months ago that the craig Finn tour was coming to my area, but it didn’t end up working out, so I am sad.

24. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

25. SteveLikesMusic

Not a fan of that version sadly. Just feels sort of lazy.